College playoffs discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College playoffs discussion

Wanted to make anew thread and leave out some of my theories and just focus on this year for now. I find it interesting that Clemson is ranked over Notre Dame. As it stands right now Clemson should finish the year undefeated and have played NO ONE. Georgia will fisnish the year with 2 losses as they will lose to Alabama in the championship game so they have no shot. A two loss Georgia and LSU could probably beat Clemson on any given day.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Clemson. Their schedule is definitely very poor. But still that's a really good team. One of the best defenses and probably the best running back in the country.

Notre Dame is the team in the top 4 I think has no chance.

Would love to see UGA beat Bama just to see what the fallout would be. But I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by catfaninin View Post
      I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Clemson. Their schedule is definitely very poor. But still that's a really good team. One of the best defenses and probably the best running back in the country.

Notre Dame is the team in the top 4 I think has no chance.

Would love to see UGA beat Bama just to see what the fallout would be. But I don't see it happening.
      I am not saying Clemson is not good but how they can be ranked above Notre Dame, who I also think is over hyped is beyond me. Notre Dame has played a better schedule. Strength of schedule is supposed to weigh heavy on the committee. Another reason to have 8 teams. I would love an all Sec final, which I think is very doable. Tired of these pretenders. Although it doesnt really matter, I dont see anyone coming within two touchdowns of Alabama The closest anyone has been so far is 22 points. .

Comment

I think what we see this year is one championship level team and three to four others with a one day punchers chance against them

Comment

Notre Dame has played a shcedule full of big names having bad years. They barely beat a very, very bad Ball State team (MAC). They should have lost to Vandy. Stanford is a train wreck. USC is not playing well. They beat Va Tech, but the Hokies lost to Old Dominion. They barely beat Pitt. They beat Wake Forest and Wake fired their DC after the game. They beat an unusually bad Navy team. They play a horrendous FSU this week. ND’s schedule has been a joke.

My top 4 would be Alabama, Clemson, Michigan and Georgia, in that order.

But, if ND wins out there is no way they would leave them out.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
            Notre Dame has played a shcedule full of big names having bad years. They barely beat a very, very bad Ball State team (MAC). They should have lost to Vandy. Stanford is a train wreck. USC is not playing well. They beat Va Tech, but the Hokies lost to Old Dominion. They barely beat Pitt. They beat Wake Forest and Wake fired their DC after the game. They beat an unusually bad Navy team. They play a horrendous FSU this week. ND’s schedule has been a joke.

My top 4 would be Alabama, Clemson, Michigan and Georgia, in that order.

But, if ND wins out there is no way they would leave them out.
            You are absolutely right and thats why the committee isnt much different than any poll. I would like a committee that try to pick the 4 best teams regardless of record. The fun part is watching Notre Dame get exposed. My one disagreement with you is that LSU is better than Georgia.

Also I agree that Notre Dame has had and easy schedule but their victory over Michigan puts them above Clemson in my mind. That being said my top 4 are Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Clemson.

To clarify, I mean Notre Dames schedule is better than Clemson's not that they are better.
            Last edited by Westtncat; 11-09-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Well, there is no way EVER that the committee is going to put 3 SEC teams in the playoffs. Some people a4e not happy with 2.

The one thing everyone needs to realize, IMO,is that Michigan is WAY better than they were in that season opene on the road at Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                Well, there is no way EVER that the committee is going to put 3 SEC teams in the playoffs. Some people a4e not happy with 2.

The one thing everyone needs to realize, IMO,is that Michigan is WAY better than they were in that season opene on the road at Notre Dame.
                Definitely. If Michigan wins out they absolutely should be in.

Comment

Nobody has a chance against Bama

Comment

I think Clemson or Michigan has a good chance against Bama.

Michigan has the best defense I can remember seeing in the college game. Their offense is not great but certainly good enough.

Clemson's defense is very good but a tick below Michigan. But they also have one of the best offenses in the country.

Notre Dame on the other hand I give no chance. In fact I think whichever of those 3 gets them essentially gets a bye. I think there is a good chance they take a loss and don't even make it.

Comment

Catfaninin ... I sure hope you are right!

Comment

Alabama just threw it's second shutout in a row....against two top 25 teams.
                        pretty good football team.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-los...052124118.html

Comment

Alabama makes college football irrelevant.

Everybody else is playing for second place, so, ultimately, who cares about the playoff? Nobody, and I mean, nobody, is even coming close to Alabama.

Comment

I reiterate....Alabama is now playing Alabama defense. Put that together with Tua.
                              wow

Comment

College playoffs discussion

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X