R I P SPECIAL SEASON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R I P SPECIAL SEASON

Guess that's true about "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

STILL under Tennessee's thumb .......... Makes me want to vomit

I've missed one home game over the past 22 seasons and I plan to be there next week but gonna' be tough sitting out in the cold watching that Middle Tenn game
    Last edited by JEFFCOCATFAN; 11-10-2018, 07:05 PM.

Same ole, same ole. We beat Florida, yippee....other than that it’s the same as it’s always been.

Comment

Beat MSU, trUSC, UF, Vandy, Mizzou and it should be just an average season with disappointment .
      Last edited by Lighthouse; 11-10-2018, 09:43 PM. Reason: Don't cross that line again!

Comment

Decent season still but special season? NO not anymore. I was worried about our play for a while and especially this game. I even said so. The thing is...UK is playing just like they have been for the last few weeks. Our last decent game was against Texas A&M. Yes I know we won others since then but barely. We have played with no offense since the A&M game. I dont know what changed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnkyblue View Post
          Beat MSU, trUSC, UF, Vandy, Mizzou and it should be just an average season with disappointment .
          Maybe they can go to hell as far as you're concerned, but they kicked the crap out of us and that's all that matters to me.
          Last edited by Lighthouse; 11-10-2018, 09:45 PM.
          Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

8 or 9 wins, best we will do under present staff. If we want a big time program and contender Stoops cannot stand for this offense. Since Gran took over we have went down hill in offensive stats in all but his first season. Just lucky we are not 5 and 5 or worse. Do we beat SC, Fla, Miss State if we played them now, there is no way. Missouri gave the game to us with their coaching mistakes. Don't know what is going on but Stoops needs to unload on the offensive staff, really doing defensive side of ball wrong. They are out of gas and cannot carry this team any further. Just makes me sick to watch us

Comment

Same Old, Same old KENTUCKY football since the late 70's. WE are good on one side of the ball every 3 or 5 years. Then we are average on both sides (enough to win 5 or 6 or lose 5 or 6) the other years. We have not had a dominate offense and defense since the 70's in the same year. As of now i think we never will.

My biggest hope was to after the first few games be great on D and average on offense. I think this staff including Stoops wants to win with Defense and just let the offense not make huge mistakes. Thinking they could manage a win.

To win long term they should have been using 3 to 4 backs just like most of the big teams do. Not wear down 1 back. They should have been using 2 QB from the start of the season as neither one of the 2 are very good. But using 2 QB's one might catch fire in a game. Now you have a back that is wore out, frustrated turning on his team to the public. You have receivers that are nothing more than offensive line men blocking down field. If I were a 4 star offensive athlete I would not give Kentucky a chance. Why would I. You have to play a style of ball that is fun for all 11 guys on both sides of the ball.

The issue with the downfall of this team starts and ends with the Staff. They are the reason for the conflict on this team. Stoops is scared to run an up tempo offense. Would make his defense be on the field more. The only thing since the start of the season that Wilson has shown is that he is better in an up tempo offense. He is not a drop back thinking QB. Every lineman will look bad when you load the box and shoot outside run stoppers from the corners.

Nothing is going to change in the next 2 weeks. Best case we probably win 1 of the 2 games. We will be Louisville's bowl game. They will be as hyped as Tennessee and we will be luck to get a W there. Hope we have enough offense to beat Middle Tennessee. Gonna be a hard week with the fighting that is going on with this team. I do believe they are fighting. They are not having fun that is for sure.
              Proverbs 25:24

Comment

Originally posted by Pobilly View Post
                Same Old, Same old KENTUCKY football since the late 70's. WE are good on one side of the ball every 3 or 5 years. Then we are average on both sides (enough to win 5 or 6 or lose 5 or 6) the other years. We have not had a dominate offense and defense since the 70's in the same year. As of now i think we never will.

My biggest hope was to after the first few games be great on D and average on offense. I think this staff including Stoops wants to win with Defense and just let the offense not make huge mistakes. Thinking they could manage a win.

To win long term they should have been using 3 to 4 backs just like most of the big teams do. Not wear down 1 back. They should have been using 2 QB from the start of the season as neither one of the 2 are very good. But using 2 QB's one might catch fire in a game. Now you have a back that is wore out, frustrated turning on his team to the public. You have receivers that are nothing more than offensive line men blocking down field. If I were a 4 star offensive athlete I would not give Kentucky a chance. Why would I. You have to play a style of ball that is fun for all 11 guys on both sides of the ball.

The issue with the downfall of this team starts and ends with the Staff. They are the reason for the conflict on this team. Stoops is scared to run an up tempo offense. Would make his defense be on the field more. The only thing since the start of the season that Wilson has shown is that he is better in an up tempo offense. He is not a drop back thinking QB. Every lineman will look bad when you load the box and shoot outside run stoppers from the corners.

Nothing is going to change in the next 2 weeks. Best case we probably win 1 of the 2 games. We will be Louisville's bowl game. They will be as hyped as Tennessee and we will be luck to get a W there. Hope we have enough offense to beat Middle Tennessee. Gonna be a hard week with the fighting that is going on with this team. I do believe they are fighting. They are not having fun that is for sure.
                Great post!
                Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

The special went out yesterday that's for sure. Still will be a good season no matter what happens. But with the way its ending leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. Also that is what everyone will remember most is the way you end it. Whether that's fair or not that's just the way it is.
                  Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

With a bowl win....somewhere....this team could sweep and end 10-3. That would take a lot of sting out.

What bothers me is this crew doesn't play like they care if they get a reverse sweep and end 7-6.

THAT would be good cause for major changes.

The worst part of all is another loss and I and likely a few thousand other fans will throw up their hands in disgust and say forget it. (Trying to keep from getting edited or censored).

This is the weakest second half season my memory.

Just not sure which way to go right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
                      Decent season still but special season? NO not anymore. I was worried about our play for a while and especially this game. I even said so. The thing is...UK is playing just like they have been for the last few weeks. Our last decent game was against Texas A&M. Yes I know we won others since then but barely. We have played with no offense since the A&M game. I dont know what changed.
                      Check that. We have been bad since the USC 2nd half. Teams are catching up to our play calling. We are too easy to defend. Running up the gut isn't working anymore. Our O Line has played poorly as well.
                      No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                        The special went out yesterday that's for sure. Still will be a good season no matter what happens. But with the way its ending leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. Also that is what everyone will remember most is the way you end it. Whether that's fair or not that's just the way it is.
                        And we have ended rather poorly for 5 straight seasons. There is a pattern here. If Stoops and Co. can't/refuse to make adjustments then changes are needed.

Comment

We still ought to win 8 games in a season, 5 in the SEC, and have a good shot at a 9 win season for the first time in like 35 years...if that's not a special season then you're crazy.
                          "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                            We still ought to win 8 games in a season, 5 in the SEC, and have a good shot at a 9 win season for the first time in like 35 years...if that's not a special season then you're crazy.
                            Agreed

Can still get 10 by winning last 2 AND a bowl win.
                            I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Potentially special by our standards? Absolutely! But this season will forevet leave a bad taste in my mouth because of what could have been. This is NOT the team we saw before the A&M game. It's been downhill ever since.

Comment

R I P SPECIAL SEASON

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X