Colorado State coach Mike Bobo declines automatic $100,000 pay raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado State coach Mike Bobo declines automatic $100,000 pay raise

Mike Bobo's Colorado State Rams stumbled to their worst record of his four-year tenure in 2018, finishing 3-9.
    In the aftermath of the rough season that saw the coach hospitalized in August because of peripheral neuropathy and ended with the Rams' worst record since 2011, Bobo did an almost unthinkable thing for a college head coach: He declined an automatic $100,000 pay raise for 2019.
    "I'm the head football coach, and I believe accountability is a two-way street," Bobo said in a video released by the school on Tuesday morning. "A lot of times you want to point fingers at why you weren't successful. I'm the head coach. For it to be a two-way street and be effective with our players I want to take accountability."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...MLv?li=BBnb7Kz
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

A fine example of character and integrity. If I had a son about to enter college, this is the type of person I would want him playing for.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      A fine example of character and integrity. If I had a son about to enter college, this is the type of person I would want him playing for.
      Me too. But I would prefer a coach with this integrity be at a school other that Colorado State.

John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Me too. But I would prefer a coach with this integrity be at a school other that Colorado State.
        Ft. Collins CO is such a great town with so much to do, I don't see how anyone ever manages to graduate there.
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Dude must be single.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Ft. Collins CO is such a great town with so much to do, I don't see how anyone ever manages to graduate there.
            I'm sure most every town in Colorado, but I was referring to the post about how I would want my son for a coach like him. I would a coach like him but closer to home.
            John 3:3

Comment

Colorado State coach Mike Bobo declines automatic $100,000 pay raise

Collapse
            Working...
            X