Source: Kentucky OC Eddie Gran in the running for Georgia job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: Kentucky OC Eddie Gran in the running for Georgia job

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The domino effect of the offensive coordinator shuffle in the Southeastern Conference could reach Kentucky.
    After Georgia offensive coordinator Jim Chaney left Kirby Smart’s staff Wednesday for the same job at Tennessee, SB Nation reported UK offensive coordinator Eddie Gran would be a “name to watch” in Georgia’s search to replace Chaney.
    A source confirmed to the Courier Journal Wednesday afternoon that Gran is a candidate for the Georgia job.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...on/2512365002/
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Well, I AM one that has questioned Gran.
    UK had not finished with more than 5 wins pre-Gran.
    All time leading rusher in three years....and not a blazer of a back...and two JUCO quarterbacks in three years.
    24 wins.

Things to think about.

Comment

I hope he stays here.
      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
        I hope he stays here.
        I absolutely do.
        until we see next seasons offense anyway.😋

Comment

Gran has now been offered the job at Georgia

Smart has offered Gran total control of the Offense and a salary of at least $1.1 million

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/footb...ob-at-georgia/

Comment

It'd be hard to turn that down.

Comment

While I have no names in mind, I am confident that Stoops could find someone to come in and do a very credible job with next year‘s offense. If Gran were to leave, I fear we would miss his recruiting more than his play calling. Now then, that having been said, I hope he stays. Continuity is always a good thing. However, if he leaves, we will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                Gran has now been offered the job at Georgia

Smart has offered Gran total control of the Offense and a salary of at least $1.1 million

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/footb...ob-at-georgia/
                He's in line to make $900,000.00 at UK this year.
                Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

He's in line to make $900,000.00 at UK this year.
                  wouldnt be surprised to hear UK bump that to match the 1.1mil. My question would be if CMS is willing to turn full throttle over to Gran. He's already titled "Head Coach in Charge of Offense" or something like that.
                  He HAS pointed out he defers to Stoops. BUT......aw, I dunno.
                  I was halfway anticipating another good year at Kentucky and Mark Stoops would get offered by a huge dog and Gran would slide up and over to Head Man.

LOL......hope he never reads these boards about what kinda 'faith' we have in his play calling style/ abilities. If so.......we will have some big time shoppin to do to fill some coaching slots.

Comment

The fact that Smart made it known he would have "full control of the offense" makes it seem like he doesn't here.

Comment

Gran staying at UK. Wow, never thought I'd see the day when a coach would say no thanks to Georgia in favor of Kentucky!

https://twitter.com/CoachGran/status...94409734365184

Comment

WOW, glad he's staying. Like many, there were times when I got super frustrated with some of the play calling. At the end of the day, I can understand why so conservative. The run game with Snell was the best in UK's history. We had an incredible D that stopped people. We had a QB starting for his first year in the SEC. Next year I think will be a lot more open. And yes, he is a top notch recruiter.

Comment

So glad he’s staying. I believe he gets the most out of his players and the hand he’s dealt. We got 27 points against a good B10 defense. I had to leave my seats at the end of the third quarter of Citrus Bowl because of the negative comments being yelled against Stoops, House and especially Gran. We had a great year and Gran was a major reason for it. Thanks coach for doing your job.

Comment

I'm certainly glad he's staying. And that says a lot about his relationship with CS.
                            John 3:3

Comment

Wow is right! I hope the entire staff stays together a couple more years and see what happens.

Comment

Source: Kentucky OC Eddie Gran in the running for Georgia job

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X