Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here’s what Mark Stoops said after UK’s spring game: The good, the bad and the disapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s what Mark Stoops said after UK’s spring game: The good, the bad and the disapp

Everything Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops said in his press conference following UK’s 2019 Blue-White Spring Game at Kroger Field on Friday night:
    Opening statement:
    Obviously good for one side of the ball, I don’t know what I put myself through. In the spring, you get a little bit thin. You’re thin in general. Your roster is low. Then when you split the teams up like that, you could leave one team shorthanded. And I think you saw that tonight. But still I saw some good explosive offensive plays. I was pleased to see that. We’ve been working hard all off-season at trying to improve and converting opportunities and shot plays.
    You saw us convert some of those today. That’s good to see no matter who is out there and what you’re playing against. So that was good.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...229181119.html
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

This Kentucky team isn't as deep as last year's at this time. That was very obvious. Second team defense got manhandled, and I don't like seeing it one bit.

Comment

Good exhibition. Very few dropped passes. Wilson looked good. I like this version of our offense, (conceptually) hope it sees the field.

Lot of growing up to do from 2nd string. Smoke is going to be special... Oliver too. I like our young linebackers Oats and Square.
      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Obvious that the D is going to have to get competitive....kind of an edge you have to walk in a Spring game...dont really want to see anyone injured, but Stoops brand of football is physical football. The explosive O is fun stuff, but CMS loves that physical dominant game and the grind and pound.

If Hoak stays, he needs to get rid of the happy feet. I watched the highlights and his feet didnt get set....and this was a 'safe' game for the QBs.
        I like what I saw of the skill positions, which means the O-line starters were solid as well.

Last year's crew came in with a little chip and turned it into a log on their shoulders. Tough crew that was only disappointing in one game as far as giving it everything they could.

Some of the young guys will have to grow up pretty fast.

Like John, I get queasy when the score is sooooooooooo lopsided. It gives a question on the depth.
        Having said that, I will have to admit some guys that will be contributors werent playing for one reason or another.
        I don't expect ten wins next year....but I didnt last year. Just from what I saw this team has more parts left that you would think with the departures it's had.

Comment

I didn't see this game, but what I read doesn't concern me much. I like what Bill said about this team has more parts left than we might think. Like all of CS's teams, this one will play hard and compete. How many W's, I have no idea but it will be fun.
          John 3:3

Comment

I know it's way too early for predictions, but I expect a 7-5 regular season record. Defense is what wins games and we lost a ton of talent there. Had we had a more prolific offense, last season, that team would have been right up there with the 1977 team in my opinion.
            Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
              Good exhibition. Very few dropped passes. Wilson looked good. I like this version of our offense, (conceptually) hope it sees the field.

Lot of growing up to do from 2nd string. Smoke is going to be special... Oliver too. I like our young linebackers Oats and Square.
              The offense we saw was the offense Gran and Hinshaw used at Cincy. With Benny we were 3 yards and a cloud of dust with a bit of explosiveness mixed in. This offense looks like it is set to take off. I would like to see more passes to the RBs. Smoke looks a bit like Nick Chubb. Our RBs look good. If our secondary can make strides this fall, I feel there won't be much of a dropoff from last season.
              Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                I didn't see this game, but what I read doesn't concern me much. I like what Bill said about this team has more parts left than we might think. Like all of CS's teams, this one will play hard and compete. How many W's, I have no idea but it will be fun.
                Looks to be another favorable schedule. I can see 8 wins. Stoops has built a culture of working hard and bringing it every play. It took some time and only the naysayers can say otherwise. His first year I saw MASSIVE improvement and it's been uphill ever since even though the win column may not have reflected that. This is going to be a fun year.

Comment

I think Matt is pretty dead on....seven wins is reasonable. (please remember last year I thought 6 was realistic losing Johnson at QB.)

After reading a post by RV, I agree this was a game of ones and twos against threes and fours. Those threes and fours will have to learn effort and physicality is a big step in getting to that next level.

Comment

We have 8 home games next season.....that is huge

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                      We have 8 home games next season.....that is huge
                      I will be at that Florida game. They will be fired up to avenge last years home loss to "woeful" Kentucky.

Comment

Busy today…I'll finish reading these posts soon. I attended the game and was impressed with our running backs and our nose guard…MY GOODNESS!

Just wait until the staff has more time with these defensive backs. I was surprised that #11 (Douglas?) was as large as he appears.

I'll have to watch the O-Line in replay. If they can give our quarterbacks 6-7 seconds, our receivers will have more time to break open. I THINK IT'S GONNA' BE FUN!

Comment

Here’s what Mark Stoops said after UK’s spring game: The good, the bad and the disapp

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X