Kentucky football lands commitment from graduate transfer quarterback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky football lands commitment from graduate transfer quarterback

Kentucky has added another quarterback to its roster.
    Sawyer Smith, a 6-foot-3 graduate transfer from Troy, announced Monday that he has chosen UKas the the place he will “spend my last seasons. … Words can’t begin to explain how proud my family and I are to be a part of the #BBN.”
    Kentucky was in the market for another quarterback after backups Gunnar Hoak and Danny Clark decided to transfer. Hoak ended up and Ohio State and Clark will play for Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss.
    The Cats, who were 10-3 with a Citrus Bowl win over Penn State last season, return starter Terry Wilson but had no other QBs with college experience on the roster.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...230343779.html
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I read the young man was MVP in the bowl game ...and as rankings of QBs go was ranked ahead of Wilson.
    a really impressive pickup.

Comment

CS has filled a hole with a good one it seems. Any idea what type QB he is?
      John 3:3

Comment

This is a great get. It gives us an experienced and talented backup in case Wilson gets hurt. It also puts some pressure on him to perform while providing another mind to pick for the younger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
          CS has filled a hole with a good one it seems. Any idea what type QB he is?
          I looked him up. Solid three star out of high school. Offered by UCF, South Florida, Syracuse, Mississippi State.
          dual threat q.b. last year had a qb rating of 133, 61 percent completions. 10 tds, 6 ints. Had a run for 63 yr touchdown, but kind of tricky to see if he has real speed...avg about 2 .5 yes per carry.

we finally get someone who can give a legit comparison between a Brown offense and a Gran offense.

sounds like a real good second option if anything happens and gives the young guns a chance to learn and grow...figure we see two guys red shirt.

Comment

Thanks. Glad we got him.
            John 3:3

Comment

This was a HUGE area of need and a critical pick-up.

Comment

Kentucky football lands commitment from graduate transfer quarterback

Collapse
              Working...
              X