Mitch Barnhart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch Barnhart

Named AD of the year by the Sports Business journal.

I truly believe that there are a lot of fans that still hate to admit that this guy is a very highly respected man in his field by his peers and others.

we've had huge names...Hagan, Newton, Ivy....that have gone down.in flames because of failures on their watch.

no major infractions, no shady deals, fine success. Yes, he definitely has had some bad bumps. Made mistakes. Misjudgements. Perhaps even slower to act in some cases than some of us wished.
    he's built a fine athletics program though.

Mitch has been a great AD and just about every program is better off than it was when he took over in 2001. Is this the longest UK athletics has gone without a signficant NCAA violation?

UK Athletics has been a bit like a trailer park in a tornado (just a matter of time) when it comes to attracting the NCAA, so for us to go almost 2 decades without a violation in any sport is a testament to Mitch's leadership.

Comment

I totally agree with Bill and Dwight. We got us a good AD who is proud to be at Kentucky, and he is quietly working to make every team better. Bumps? For sure, but he's a keeper.
      John 3:3

Comment

The football program won the most games, since the Curci era and they finally have nice facilites. That is what I was looking for, when Barnhart was hired. It took a while, but he got it done.

I am more of a juco route and win as quick as you can, not the slow methodical build that Stoops accomplished. But, if they keep the train rolling, and I think they will, I am more than pleased with what they have built.

Kudos to Barnhart for what he has accomplished. Yes, the Billy Clyde debacle was bad. Mitch more than made up for it by hiring Calipari. I am aware that the rest of the athletic department is talked about, but to me, the two main ones are football and men's basketball, the money programs. Barnhart has both of them in great shape. That is how I judge a UK Athletic Director. Football has long been the bastard child of UK. They finally put some money into the program. It has paid off.

Of all the AD's, going back as far as Cliff Hagan, I rank Mitch number one. By the way, I have always felt that CM Newton got way more praise than he deserved. Just my opinion.

Comment

Good post, I agree completely.
          Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

We are very fortunate to have Mitch Barnhart at the helm of Kentucky Athletics. All teams are competing, and the total improvements are without blemish.
            John 3:3

Comment

I have been a fan of Mitch for a long time, even when people were overly critical of him. My reason to like him was personal, I had an issue with my tickets, I emailed Mitch and by the end of the day I was talking to an associate AD and had my problem solved to my benefit.

He may not have a social media presence but he will respond if you contact him. I wonder how many ADs would do that?

Comment

Originally posted by fastkat View Post
                I have been a fan of Mitch for a long time, even when people were overly critical of him. My reason to like him was personal, I had an issue with my tickets, I emailed Mitch and by the end of the day I was talking to an associate AD and had my problem solved to my benefit.

He may not have a social media presence but he will respond if you contact him. I wonder how many ADs would do that?
                I have NOT been a fan of his until more recently. He has grown on me and the progress on the long term product he has developed is outstanding. I do appreciate the place most of our programs are in now compared to what he inherited. Looking forward to the continued growth and the championships which will follow. Go Cats.

Comment

Went looking for a Ditch Mitch and Rich t-shirt to bring up as a memory, and laugh about....

Can't find one, google can't see past our Senator.

Comment

I have always liked Mitch and I think he deserves this award...

Comment

I had a friend who worked in the AD's office when Mitch came. Those people didn't like that he changed things away from the "Old-Boy" network. Well, how do you like him now?

Change is difficult for some...perhaps even more-so in conservative Kentucky but Mitch has brought us national notoriety in many sports with his changes and improvements.

The changes have not all been to my liking but I like 10-3 much better than 2-12.

Comment

Mitch Barnhart

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X