Incl cats updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incl cats updates

Being mostly retired AND lazy, I will try to update this as I see.news.
    Josh Allen signed what seems to be a gold ring rookie contract with a 14 million dollar here it is today signing bonus as part of a 22 million dollar guaranteed contract.

CJ Conrad has been given a.10,000 dollar bonus after turning some heads.
    Big George AA is slotted as a tackle....He received a 93K signing bonus.
    Chris Westry is still with the 'Boys. 100 K guaranteed money.
    Bennie Snell with a 700+K signing bonus.
    Young Mr. Johnson, our JC corner, 2.5 million signing bonus.
    Dorian Baker still with the Browns. Received a 1500 dollar bonus.
    Bunchy still hanging in with the Jags.
    Farrington Hugenin signed with Tampa Bay.
    UK grad/ Oklahoma Jeff Badet with the Vikings and has signed to compete in the NFL 'fastest 40' yard run.
    Derricks Baity given a 25000 signing bonus by the Texans.
    Mike Edwards is not listed as having signed a contract.

This is pretty much what I have on the recent kids. Hope the best for the whole group, but kinda figure half will make it somewhere.

Development is still strange and wonderful thing.....if you had told me years ago Boom Williams , West and Jones wouldn't make the league and Benny, Allen and Johnson would....it would have been hard to believe.

Dorian Baker on that list might be surprising, but remember the comment on our WRs, that they were the best blockers? I also know from when we had someone good at passing, he could catch.

Comment

Originally posted by johnkyblue View Post
      Dorian Baker on that list might be surprising, but remember the comment on our WRs, that they were the best blockers? I also know from when we had someone good at passing, he could catch.
      Even with Johnson, Baker couldn’t catch a cold. At least as far as the easy ones go. Baker made the extremely hard catches look easy which is why his career here was head scratching. And he made them when we needed them. Guy has a ton of talent but given what we saw his work ethic has to be questioned. He is still hanging in there in OTA’s. That tells me the coaches see something in him.
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Sometimes it seemed Baker thought too much. The circus catches he would just have to react. The guy has an NFL body. As far as work ethic, dunno. He had to come back from a pretty bad injury, and he did the work for that. He was a player that was always hard for me to pin down.

Comment

He pinned a lot of dbs down last year. Hard to notice, but defenses know.

Comment

As of today, here is a ridiculously way out prediction by NFL writers of this past class making their teams:
            in:
            Josh Allen
            Lonnie Johnson
            Mike Edwards
            Bennie Snell
            George A.A.
            CJ Conrad
            Bunchy Stallings

As of now for the little it's worth everyone else is outside looking in. Baity, Baker and Westry will have to do some showing.
            The Giants are expected to carry four TE
            The Jags are expected to carry 10 linemen due to a history of line injuries.

Changes are certain.
            Conrad is currently a media/coaches favorite. If his play continues to go on the upside, he seems a story book mention....head coach reportedly took him to the side to speak with him after catching two TDs from Jones. ( If you really want to laugh, the Giants real question is if Conrad can block after he made several one handed grabs.)
            Sources with the Jags have stated Stallings, though NFL raw, is better than two contracted players ahead of him.
            Big George looks like one of the number two tackles.

So far so good.
            long way to go.
            Last edited by 40bill; 06-05-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for researching this for us. I look forward to your updates.
              John 3:3

Comment

Jersey Numbers:
                Josh Allen #41 Jaguars
                Benny Snell #24 (26?) Steelers
                Lonnie Johnson #32 Houston Texans
                George Asafo-Adjei #64 Giants
                Mike Edwards #34 Buccaneers ---SIGNED
                CJ Conrad #87 Giants
                Bunchy Stallings # Buccaneers
                Chris Westry # ? Cowboys
                Dorian Baker # 19 Browns
                Farrington Hugenin # 95 Buccaneers
                Jeff Badet # 13 Vikings
                Derrik Baity #30 Texans

Saw a great photo of Lonnie Johnson recently. He was standing in front of a beautiful, Bright Red Range Rover. He had a smile on his face and a cross on a chain around his neck. Gary Indiana is in his rearview mirror.
                Last edited by UKFBFAN; 06-20-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

You not only found this thread, but added to it! Thanks.
                  John 3:3

Comment

George Asafo-Adjai- Thanks, Lighthouse! I was listening yesterday to a podcast with Jared Lorenzin. Jared began talking about Georgia Asafo-Adjei with the Giants because that's where Jared played. Jared thinks George probably won't dress for many games this year but will work his way in slowly. He expects that next year George may begin to come in for extra points and situations similar. I hope he gets in more but Jared knows the system. The good news is that he thinks George can work his way into MORE playing time.
                    It was great to hear an ex-pro talk about his days in the NFL.

Comment

I see Mike Edwards has just signed with Tampa Bay Buccs. CONGRATULATIONS to Tampa Bay! A Good decision to sign one of our most intelligent football players.

Comment

Reports I have read are praising CJ Conrad. He is earning 1st team reps and catching everything thrown his way. While he is behind Evan Ingram, there are lots of targets available that were lost with Beckham bolting for the Browns.
                        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Just for the record:
                          #54 Avery Williamson is now with the NY Jets. 5th year in the league.
                          and... #55 Za Darius Smith is now playing for the Packers in Green Bay.

Comment

Incl cats updates

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X