Countdown To Kickoff 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown To Kickoff 2019

I let it slip up on me. I usually begin the countdown at 100 days. If my calculations are correct, it is now 86 days until kickoff.
    Life Comes At You Fast

All good. What's your prediction on record this year,.Matt? I expect a step backward with the leadership loss, but thinking 7 wins.
    figured OOC sweep, beat Vandy and Arkansas then at least one of UT, Carolina, Mizzou and State.

Comment

I agree about the step backward, Bill. In addition to losing leadership and some good offensive production, we lost a lot of talent on the defensive side and that's where games are won and lost, in my opinion. As I was telling a fellow yesterday, it depends a lot on how last year's def. backups respond to being starters. I agree with you on the seven wins. I think eight is a definite possibility but seven is more likely.
      Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

85 days and counting.
        Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

When does fall camp start?
          John 3:3

Comment

Realistically, team lost a ton. But most teams do.
            Honestly seven is good for the talent that left.
            I really don't see the offensive strategy changing from the past three years...grind and pound. Everybody has to up it on the D, and truthfully the secondary is awful green.
            Just don't see Stoops turning Wilson and Bowden loose, and if all of a sudden we use a tight end in the passing game I think I will lose it.
            I could see a disaster drill of five, I can legitimately see 9 if we break the Florida home schneid and we remember we should beat UT at home.
            Georgia and SC (even though we are in their heads at SC) would be cool. Mizzou at home right now I think is a win.
            Or without the seniors we lost the wheels could come off.
            I want to think THIS crew has some serious grit.

Comment

Minus 84 days and counting.
              Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I think we will a more opened up playbook. We keyed to Benny’s strength the last couple of seasons. I believe we will see a much improved Terry Wilson. He only passed for 1800 yards last year with 11 touchdown passes but ran for almost 600. Gotta spread it around these days. If the blue white game was any indication we should be pleased as a fan base. I see 8 wins at least.
                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I sure miss the memories when RV put the pictures with the numbers.

Comment

Minus 83 days and counting.
                    Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                      I sure miss the memories when RV put the pictures with the numbers.
                      Yes that was great. Whatever happened to RV?
                      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I have no idea why he's not here anymore.

Comment

Minus 82 days and counting.
                          Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Ye of little faith! The offense knows the defense lost good players. They must produce more and everybody knows it. Look for an exciting offense this year with more points.

As to wins? I don't know enough about our opponents but we should know something by the end of the Florida game. Florida seems to be building a champion down there but if we play them well, Look out!

7 wins is way too low. I look for another BIG season. We're better at O-line, better at Running back, better at Tight end, better at quarterback, more experienced and more talented at receiver, better at Defensive line and stable at linebacker. IF we get a couple of nice surprises in the defensive backfield I think it could be wonderful!!

Comment

Originally posted by UKFBFAN View Post
                              Ye of little faith! The offense knows the defense lost good players. They must produce more and everybody knows it. Look for an exciting offense this year with more points.

As to wins? I don't know enough about our opponents but we should know something by the end of the Florida game. Florida seems to be building a champion down there but if we play them well, Look out!

7 wins is way too low. I look for another BIG season. We're better at O-line, better at Running back, better at Tight end, better at quarterback, more experienced and more talented at receiver, better at Defensive line and stable at linebacker. IF we get a couple of nice surprises in the defensive backfield I think it could be wonderful!!
                              I like your thinking.

Comment

Countdown To Kickoff 2019

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X