Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Season Predictions

    I know we are still six-ish weeks away from the opener, but I figured we could get this started. What are your predictions for the season? Not just the record, but any surprises, leaders, etc.

    I think we go 9-2. We lose to Georgia and drop another one somewhere along the way. An 8-3 season wouldn't be shocking, but anything less than that would be severely disappointing.

    Bowden turns into a star and comes close to leading the nation in kick/punt return stats.

    Our run game is better overall without Snell.

    Our offensive production is one of the top two or three in the SEC with a healthy Wilson with a year under his belt, a nasty offensive line, and a little bit of experience at WR.

    The secondary will be more productive than expected. With our front seven on defensive being as talented and deep as we've ever had it will allow the secondary to play more zone.

    Gilmore ultimately takes over the backup QB spot unless there is an injury requiring more than four games played.

    I can't stress enough I think the running game will be the surprise of the year. Very good talent and depth running behind a stud line. It will help take a lot of pressure of Wilson which will only help open up the playbook.

  • #2
    I don't see more than seven and possibly eight regular season wins. I think there will be a bigger drop off with the def. than many anticipate. As for Gilmore, I don't see any way he unseats Sawyer Smith for the backup QB spot. Smith has FBS experience, as a starter, and performed quite capably, for Troy, when Barker went down last season. In my opinion, that's why UK brought Smith in because they wanted a proven, experienced QB behind Wilson.
    Life Comes At You Fast

    Comment


    • #3
      We lost a ton of talent. Just keep bowlin' .

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm going to enjoy watching our Cats again this year without any predictions. I hope a Bowl will happen every year.
        John 3:3

        Comment


        • #5
          Should know a lot about our season by October. That 3 week stretch of FL (home) and MS St & SC (road) will be tough. Hoping we can punch through that with a 2-1 record which in my opinion ensures 7, if not 8 wins. 1-2 would be rough on final record unless we can hold serve remainder of season. Obviously, 0-3 wouldn't work, but I don't fear that anymore. Only game I think we're totally out-matched is GA. Yet we won't slip up on FL again, yet it's winnable being at home. I fear MO, even though we're at home, with their new QB - hopefully our secondary has seasoned by then. Also MO holds the spot of the game after GA which we have lost throughout Stoops tenure. Feeling 6 sure wins (all OOC plus TN & ARK). Other wins build on those six. Should be a fun season as we go to a nice bowl again.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think 8 regular season wins is doable, but I'm generally horrible at this kind of thing. What is perplexing, is the almost complete lack of respect we're getting nationally from "all the experts". Seems like lots of motivation for our guys out there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
              I think 8 regular season wins is doable, but I'm generally horrible at this kind of thing. What is perplexing, is the almost complete lack of respect we're getting nationally from "all the experts". Seems like lots of motivation for our guys out there.
              The SEC Network crew of McElroy and Chizik had HIGH praise for the Cats. McElroy said for those who thinks Kentucky will fall hard this season have obviously not been watching the job Stoops has done. Chizik said when he walked onto the practice field during the Spring that the first thing he thought was that our program looks an feels like an SEC program.
              Isaiah 5:20

              Comment


              • #8
                I have never, ever even come close on any prediction. So this year, me, I am just going to watch, hope to see that hard nosed defense we seen most games last year, hope to see a fun opened up offense (like Cincinnati when Eddie was coaching there) and hope to see many more W's than L's on the schedule. Hope we have a healthy fun year!
                Proverbs 25:24

                Comment


                • #9
                  The UGA game is the only game that’s almost a guaranteed loss. It’s difficult to predict this year because we’re right there in the logjam of second tier SEC teams behind the elite UGA/Alabama/LSU. I think we pick up wins vs our rotating West opponent (Arkansas) & TN (Revenge game at home), and drop 2 of 3 between Florida, Mizzou, & S. Carolina. I don’t think Miss. St will be good enough to beat us without Fitzgerald even though it’s down there. That would put us at another 9-3 regular season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do NOT sleep on Toledo. They were the top scoring team in the MAC, they return 9 offensive starters, it is a noon game and the season-opener. Several sites already have us on upset alert. We will know more about this team after week 1 than many realize.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                      Do NOT sleep on Toledo. They were the top scoring team in the MAC, they return 9 offensive starters, it is a noon game and the season-opener. Several sites already have us on upset alert. We will know more about this team after week 1 than many realize.
                      Good advice. However most Kentucky fans never sleep on the opener and especially when it's a noon kick.
                      John 3:3

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mattthecat View Post
                        The UGA game is the only game that’s almost a guaranteed loss. It’s difficult to predict this year because we’re right there in the logjam of second tier SEC teams behind the elite UGA/Alabama/LSU. I think we pick up wins vs our rotating West opponent (Arkansas) & TN (Revenge game at home), and drop 2 of 3 between Florida, Mizzou, & S. Carolina. I don’t think Miss. St will be good enough to beat us without Fitzgerald even though it’s down there. That would put us at another 9-3 regular season.
                        I was there the night we beat National #1 LSU. Stuff happens.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by UKFBFAN View Post

                          I was there the night we beat National #1 LSU. Stuff happens.
                          I was too. Never forget that tackle.
                          John 3:3

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just play smart and keep winning.....Lets go Bowling again

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've tried this a couple of times and backed away. Read more prognosticators and tried again. Backed away again. I just can't foresee injuries to key players or dumb incidents that too often occur. I think we'll be in contention for a trip to Atlanta. I predict 10 wins during the regular season so that means a couple of upset wins. The loss will likely be an upset when we become engrossed with our positive press.

                              Comment

                              Season Predictions

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X