Sawyer Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawyer Smith

I read where he was officially announced as part of the team and is on campus. I was under the impression he was a graduate transfer and eligible immediately until listening to the media day stuff. A reporter asked Stoops about him and said something to the extent of "a guy who won't be able to help you until next season." Is he just a normal transfer who has to sit out a year or is he eligible this year for one season?

He is a grad transfer and, the last I heard, he is eligible to play this season. I just looked at the UK website and he's not listed on this season's roster. So, I don't know what to make of this.
    Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      He is a grad transfer and, the last I heard, he is eligible to play this season. I just looked at the UK website and he's not listed on this season's roster. So, I don't know what to make of this.
      Agree, far as I know he will be eligible to play this season. Grad transfers as under some unusual rules in that they don't sign a LOI. Thus, I suspect, the school can not talk about him until he actually enrolls or begins practice. Don't think he attended summer session. If so, they may not be ale to do something like listing him on the roster until practice begins.

And again far as I know, he has two years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

This is the last article I could find. It's a week old today.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/7/15...ans-neal-brown
        Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I ran this by Mark Story, and Mark stated Sawyer is eligible to play this season and has two seasons of eligibility remaining.
          Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
            I read where he was officially announced as part of the team and is on campus. I was under the impression he was a graduate transfer and eligible immediately until listening to the media day stuff. A reporter asked Stoops about him and said something to the extent of "a guy who won't be able to help you until next season." Is he just a normal transfer who has to sit out a year or is he eligible this year for one season?
            When the reporter said that, what did coach Stoops say?
            Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

After I made post no. 6, I found coach Stoops' Media Day presser on youtube which I've linked below. It begins at about the 4:35 mark. The reporter does not appear to know that Sawyer is eligible this season. He may not have realized that Sawyer is a grad transfer and not a regular transfer. Coach Stoops does not appear to have noticed the blunder either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XupNFc6glpE
              Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                After I made post no. 6, I found coach Stoops' Media Day presser on youtube which I've linked below. It begins at about the 4:35 mark. The reporter does not appear to know that Sawyer is eligible this season. He may not have realized that Sawyer is a grad transfer and not a regular transfer. Coach Stoops does not appear to have noticed the blunder either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XupNFc6glpE
                That is what threw me off. I figured maybe the reporter didnt know but Stoops didn't correct him so I started thinking maybe he won't be eligible this year.

Comment

I believe he is a grad transfer, so he's eligible.
                  Welcome, Mr Smith....as the backup, you are now everyone's favorite player and the best man on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                    I believe he is a grad transfer, so he's eligible.
                    Welcome, Mr Smith....as the backup, you are now everyone's favorite player and the best man on the team.
                    Welcome back, Bill. I hope things are better than when you were here last.
                    Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Thanks Matt. The older you get the more you learn some things you just gotta accept.
                      and keep swingin.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                        Thanks Matt. The older you get the more you learn some things you just gotta accept.
                        and keep swingin.
                        Agree. When I finally decided to do my best to live by the Serenity Prayer, things seemed to go a lot smoother.
                        Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Sawyer Smith

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X