Trying to keep reasonable, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to keep reasonable, but

.....boy it's hard. Awful easy to look at Kentckys schedule and dream of nine wins again.

But realistically,
    lost Allen
    Snell
    Stallings
    Asafo-Adjei
    six secondary players (one is an injury this year)
    AND....
    a defensive coordinator.

not to mention Jordan who finally reigned it in.

Seven wins would be really good.

gotta keep telling myself that.

Yes, seven regular season wins would be VERY good.

Comment

Seems like seven would be a very good season given what we lost and the condition of our secondary.

But if the defense can stay healthy and Terry can make a jump Kentucky might shock some people (again).

Comment

For the first time, I'm more excited about football than I am basketball. I'm excited to see how Kentucky works after the best year of my lifetime. Seven wins would be a fantastic result in late November given how much we've lost. But with the way Stoops and Co have been recruiting, we ought to be reloading instead of rebuilding.

I still want to see if Virginia Tech can be the model for UK. I think that kind of program - built out of nowhere and made into a national powerhouse over time is a good model for UK.
        When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I think we win eight in the regular season and are right there for a few more.

I feel like we will be competitive but maybe drop a game or two that will drive us crazy. (Like UT and TAMU last year)

I dream about 9 or 10 wins, I think it is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
            For the first time, I'm more excited about football than I am basketball. I'm excited to see how Kentucky works after the best year of my lifetime. Seven wins would be a fantastic result in late November given how much we've lost. But with the way Stoops and Co have been recruiting, we ought to be reloading instead of rebuilding.

I still want to see if Virginia Tech can be the model for UK. I think that kind of program - built out of nowhere and made into a national powerhouse over time is a good model for UK.
            Virginia Tech is a great model. Michigan State football is another. I could well be mistaken but it seems those two programs are around where UK recruiting is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
              I think we win eight in the regular season and are right there for a few more.

I feel like we will be competitive but maybe drop a game or two that will drive us crazy. (Like UT and TAMU last year)

I dream about 9 or 10 wins, I think it is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
              If we win 8 games, Stoops is gonna get offers from some huge program.
              When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

If we win 8 games, Stoops is gonna get offers from some huge program.
                I kind of agree with something Matt Jones said about this... Mark Stoops has a super contract , and I think 90 per cent of power 5 coaches would give up a third of their pay for the support the administration gives him. If he were to win 8 I think it would have to be a superheavyweight chasing him.....Texas, Michigan, kind of that level.
                if he were to pull a rabbit outta the hat and win 10 again I think the concern we may need to have is an NFL slot....especially DC.

Comment

In my opinion, coach Stoops and co. have done an excellent job of taking a program that was in shambles, when he arrived, to where it is now. Having said that, I worry more about losing coach Marrow than I do losing coach Stoops.
                  Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I don't know about Coach Morrow, but I believe Stoops is happy here and other than Florida State I'm not to worried about him leaving.
                    John 3:3

Comment

I'm not saying Stoops would leave, just saying that he'd start getting offers from bigger programs if we won 8. I think there's only a handful of schools he'd consider that would be steps up from Kentucky due to the admin support and facilities Kentucky has built.

Comment

I'm not saying Stoops would leave, just saying that he'd start getting offers from bigger programs if we won 8. I think there's only a handful of schools he'd consider that would be steps up from Kentucky due to the admin support and facilities Kentucky has built.
                        Yeah, I can see that. Money like some of these schools are throwing out a man would be crazy not to listen. Taggart has parlayed a good WKU record and a mediocre run in the Northwest to a golden ticket at FSU. And Texas.....mercy.

Seems the schools most point to are FSU, Iowa and Ohio State.

Comment

Ryan Day will get a few years at Ohio State. Willie Taggart is on the hot seat and if this year isn't better, FSU will be coach hunting.

Comment

Trying to keep reasonable, but

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X