Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Frustration anybody????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration anybody????

Or should I say anyone else. Coach made a statement that Sawyer Smith needed to be a hundred percent honest so the decision to start BOWDEN can be made.

So.....a head coach, an OC, a quarterback coach, team doctors, trainers, managers....and no one can tell this kid us hurt halway in the first quarter???

AND.....
    Out of 8 players that walked on or were recruited to be quarterbacks, including two that are still healthy and have been here two years, the teams BEST option is to pull our supposedly best wr/return guy and play him at a spot he hasn't played in three years and has not practiced at in college?????????
    This is what this program is this year???????

I'm puzzled, concerned, confused.....and agree even more with posters that are saying something is not right at all.

Yeah...didn't expect that quote to go over well.

It's UK Football. I have no clue what will happen. Bewilderment is expected.

Comment

I'm extremely frustrated, Bill. I saw on Twitter, this morning, that coach Stoops said Smoke had a migraine during Sat.'s game. If true, this is another head scratcher. Playing a guy with a migraine?
      Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Maybe I'm just outside looking in too much....but the wheels in this wagon seem terribly wobbly for having the seasons and recruiting we have had.

Just almost as if the coaching staff is as befuddled as us and trying to grab some answers somewhere.

But yeah.....apparently from what coach had said Smoke had so many migraines they were worried about concussion syndrome...but the doc's cleared him from that.

Comment

The thing that mystifies me, and I addressed this in another thread, is that practically ever since coach Stoops has been here he and his assistants have brought in recruiting classes historically unheard of in the annals of UK football. All we heard, every year, was we're redshirting to build depth. Yes, this team in no way resembles last year's due to graduation, players leaving early for the NFL and injuries but what about all that depth we were supposedly building? Something's badly amiss with the program, in my opinion.
          Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I think this team is a rorschach test for fans.
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
              I think this team is a rorschach test for fans.
              Please help me with that word.
              John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

That character from "Welcome Back Kotter"
                I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Horshachs cousin......
                  I think Spirit is saying take this team fold it between two pieces of paper and try to figure out what makes it so flaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

An antiquated psychology test. Pronounced Roar-shack .

Subjects study inkblots on a piece of paper and describe what they see their answers were thought to give insight into their psychological make up.

In my use, what people see in this team is predominantly a projection of what they want to see, believed anyway, or an expression of some other insecurity.
                    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

An antiquated psychology test. Pronounced Roar-shack .

Subjects study inkblots on a piece of paper and describe what they see their answers were thought to give insight into their psychological make up.

In my use, what people see in this team is predominantly a projection of what they want to see, believed anyway, or an expression of some other insecurity.
                      Lol...what I see is a team underperforming to the talent we thought and allowed ourselves to think was there.
                      Also I see a coaching staff making very similar errors in game situations....an uncovered receiver in Florida, twice 9 men on the field with SC, and continually refusing to pressure the opposing quarterback....staying instead in a madenning zone that seems to leave six to ten yard cushions.
                      Throw in once again not allowing backups game action in order for them to be a bit more seasoned and perhaps satisfied......
                      Plus a ridiculous number of personal fouls followed by a similar number of not wrapping up tackles.

That's what I see at any rate.

Comment

I am frustrated enough that I turned the game off and believe me I never do that

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post

Lol...what I see is a team underperforming to the talent we thought and allowed ourselves to think was there.
                          Also I see a coaching staff making very similar errors in game situations....an uncovered receiver in Florida, twice 9 men on the field with SC, and continually refusing to pressure the opposing quarterback....staying instead in a madenning zone that seems to leave six to ten yard cushions.
                          Throw in once again not allowing backups game action in order for them to be a bit more seasoned and perhaps satisfied......
                          Plus a ridiculous number of personal fouls followed by a similar number of not wrapping up tackles.

That's what I see at any rate.
                          Exactly my thoughts. Especially your thought about backups.
                          John 3:3

Comment

I saw on Twitter, a few minutes ago, that Bowden is spending the bye week in sessions with qb coach Hinshaw.
                            Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

I think maybe coach needs to back off a bit on media talk and go back to "we are working on it".
                              his last statement was that Bowden knows the playbook well and has already practiced at qb (??????) So there will be smooth transition.

Which maybe gives me an idea why TWO quarterbacks have already left and at least one more is frustrated if a guy is being practiced in their place.....

Well.....we get to see. Hope it leaves me choking my words down.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Frustration anybody????

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X