Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Is Auburn transfer Joey Gatewood a possibility for Kentucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Auburn transfer Joey Gatewood a possibility for Kentucky?

The Kentucky Wildcats have had their fair share of issues at the quarterback position this season.
    Nik Scalzo suffered a season-ending knee injury in training camp. Terry Wilson suffered a season-ending knee injury in the second game of the year. And Sawyer Smith has dealt with both wrist and shoulder issues since week three.
    Apparently, Walker Wood isn’t even somewhat serviceable at this moment in time, and Amani Gilmore appears to be a long-term project. That’s left the Cats with wide receiver Lynn Bowden as QB1 for the time being.
    As you can see, there are a lot of bodies, and some solid talent, in the quarterback room in Lexington. However, you can never have enough. Quarterbacks transfer and get hurt. Kentucky lost two backups this past offseason alone in Gunnar Hoak and Danny Clark.
    Quarterback is arguably the most important position on the field, as they touch the ball every single play on offense. Having talent and depth at the position is pivotal to success. And that’s why Mark Stoops and Co. will be interested in any and all options that may become available, even with four-star Beau Allen coming in 2020.
    That’s where Joey Gatewood comes in.
    Gatewood is a 6-5, 233-pound quarterback out of Jacksonville, Florida. According to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, he was the No. 49 overall recruit in the class of 2018.
    He actually committed to the Auburn Tigers way back in December 2015 and stayed committed until he signed in December 2017. Now, that’s a commitment for ya.
    Gatewood enrolled early at Auburn in January 2018. However, despite his loyalty to the Tigers, they went out and picked up a commitment from the No. 1 dual-threat QB in the class of 2019 — Bo Nix. Nix was the No. 33 overall player in the 2019 class.
    After sitting a season behind Jarrett Stidham, Gatewood was widely expected to win the starting QB job this fall. That didn’t happen, as Nix has taken the reins and has kept it, even through some brutal performances that had people calling for Gatewood to get his shot.
    And on October 30th, Gatewood announced he’d be leaving Auburn and would be entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/11/6...tucky-wildcats
    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

KSR is reporting that he's coming up for the UT game. I hope we put on an impressive display of fb for him.

Comment

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/footb...-this-weekend/

Comment

If this kid is truly interested, What is Stoops going to tell him when asked " Coach, Are you gonna' be here next year" ?

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFCOCATFAN View Post
          If this kid is truly interested, What is Stoops going to tell him when asked " Coach, Are you gonna' be here next year" ?
          If he's a person of integrity, and truthfulness, he'll be honest with him. I believe he's, at the very least, thinking about it. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't said he's definitely staying at UK.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFCOCATFAN View Post
            CS will tell him the truth, whatever that may be.
            John 3:3

Comment

He's also going to visit a couple other SEC schools

Comment

Not sure what other programs could offer, but UK would provide a wonderful opportunity to showcase his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by SCBlu View Post
                  Not sure what other programs could offer, but UK would provide a wonderful opportunity to showcase his talents.
                  He's a Fl. boy and UF's QB situation isn't all that great. Also, FSU may come into play depending on who they hire as their next coach.

Comment

After tonight I doubt we need to worry about making room for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                      After tonight I doubt we need to worry about making room for him.
                      Tonight should show him the enormous hole he would fill here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

If he's a person of integrity, and truthfulness, he'll be honest with him. I believe he's, at the very least, thinking about it. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't said he's definitely staying at UK.
                        I just hope that Stoops doesn't do like Pitino did. Year after year, rumors of moving on. Could have dispelled them easily by saying "I'm not going anywhere." But he didn't. Apparently because he was a media 'ho', or to attract offers. No matter why, it's not being honest to the players, recruits, the University, the fan base. The AD, and the University have stood by him when many other schools would not have. The AD and University need to sit his down and force him to commit, or get off the pot. They hold the cards, not him. He's in the top 25 in pay in college football. He is over-compensated, to this point. He has been treated very well at Kentucky.
                        Last edited by Lighthouse; 12-01-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PadCatFan View Post

I just hope that Stoops doesn't do like Pitino did. Year after year, rumors of moving on. Could have dispelled them easily by saying "I'm not going anywhere." But he didn't. Apparently because he was a media 'ho', or to attract offers. No matter why, it's not being honest to the players, recruits, the University, the fan base. The AD, and the University have stood by him when many other schools would not have. The AD and University need to sit his down and force him to commit, or get off the pot. They hold the cards, not him. He's in the top 25 in pay in college football. He is over-compensated, to this point. He has been treated very well at Kentucky.
                          Stoops did say he wasn't interested in the Florida State job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Good! That's a no-win job. As is Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Just to clarify, this was after my post of 11/8/19.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Is Auburn transfer Joey Gatewood a possibility for Kentucky?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X