Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jload View Post
    I’ll say it and don’t care who doesn’ like it GRAN NEEDS to go.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother_Vol View Post
      Idk if we deserved that one but it was a hard fought game.. GG Cats.
      It was an earned win for you, and an earned loss for us.

John 3:3

Comment

Brother Vol, great win ,very evenly matched teams talent wise I thought. I’ve seen you beat us with more talent, the same talent and even less a few times( Woodson’s last season) doesn’t seem to matter. That stand at the end was a real gut check , UT fans should be proud of. You should also send Eddie Gran a fifth of Gentlemen Jack in way of thanks

Comment

Evidently Smith can't play or surely he would had. Bowden very good player, just not qb. Sure td if ball is thrown to inside on that 1 play, probably td if he leads TE on interception. Wish people would just be honest on Smith. Not knocking Bowden kid gives us all he has but he ain't a qb

Comment

Originally posted by Jload View Post
            Brother Vol, great win ,very evenly matched teams talent wise I thought. I’ve seen you beat us with more talent, the same talent and even less a few times( Woodson’s last season) doesn’t seem to matter. That stand at the end was a real gut check , UT fans should be proud of. You should also send Eddie Gran a fifth of Gentlemen Jack in way of thanks
            You're not wrong. Maybe the single barrel even
            Wish that I was on ol Rocky Top

Comment

I guess I'm insane.....I expect better. I'm not even going to guess what this program needs right now....

This one hurts just as bad as last year. We seem to pick out a couple of teams and figure how to lose to them....if we have more talent, if they do, doesnt matter.

I think it may be wise for me to observe next weeks game from afar.
              stuff like tonight isn't enjoyable.

Two weeks. Two....weeks....

Man....

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

That's not true by any means. UK Football has improved and a lot of us are disappointed tonight because we expect more.
                If Bowden pitches to Rodriguez on the last play play we score. I felt like the momentum started to shift after the reversed targeting call. I wonder if Bowden was hurt worse than he let on. He wasn't the same after that.

Comment

Here goes, I'm going to give my opinions and anyone feel free to rip me if you wish, I won't take it personally. With all the recruits, at the game, it was a shame this had to happen. I've said it before, and I'll continue saying it unless something changes. In my opinion, coaches Stoops and Gran are either incompetent or a couple of chokers, or both. Give them an all-star team, like we had last year, to work with and they can post a nice record. Put them in a game, where coaching wins, and they're a couple of no shows. Yes, we'll probably beat UTM and Vandy and attain bowl eligibility. That's something, I guess.
                  Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                    Here goes, I'm going to give my opinions and anyone feel free to rip me if you wish, I won't take it personally. With all the recruits, at the game, it was a shame this had to happen. I've said it before, and I'll continue saying it unless something changes. In my opinion, coaches Stoops and Gran are either incompetent or a couple of chokers, or both. Give them an all-star team, like we had last year, to work with and they can post a nice record. Put them in a game, where coaching wins, and they're a couple of no shows. Yes, we'll probably beat UTM and Vandy and attain bowl eligibility. That's something, I guess.
                    After a very solid win against Missouri, this kind of game is a kick in the gut.
                    The fact it was a gut check loss at home is very unsettling. Kentucky was out physicalled at the end by an.undermanned UT team. Pure want to.
                    I wouldn't bet on a Vandy win, nor a.Louisville win, nor a bowl invite.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                      Stoops should be ashamed of what he did tonight.

Last year buys him goodwill and will be the go to excuse for fans but he has been absolutely dreadful as a coach this season.

Absolutely pathetic and pitiful tonight. If it wasn’t UK football it would be embarrassing.

unfortunately this is what we all expect with UK football.
                      Josh Allen and Benny Snell bought a lot of goodwill. He was dreadful as a coach for the majority of last season, too.

And people blaming Gran need to re-address their frustration; the conservatism and predictability is all Mark Stoops. Gran was never this conservative in his previous spots.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

And people blaming Gran need to re-address their frustration; the conservatism and predictability is all Mark Stoops. Gran was never this conservative in his previous spots.
                        Do you know, for a fact, that coach Stoops is dictating coaching philosophy to coach Gran or is that just an opinion?

Comment

I imagine the fans that were worried about FSU hiring coach Stoops away from us can relax. The only Stoops they might be interest in is Bob.

Comment

I'm not sure Rodriguez gets in even if Bowden pitches it. Looks like Tennessee read it pretty well.

I'm sure others have said this on the thread, but the game was pooped away on our last drive of the first half. Stoops' careful, deliberate manner worked wonders for us last year. This team needs to take some chances. We had Tennessee on their heels and gave them life. Have no idea why we punted the ball there. Catastrophic decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Do you know, for a fact, that coach Stoops is dictating coaching philosophy to coach Gran or is that just an opinion?
                              Seeing as how Mark Stoops has neutered every offensive coordinator he's had since he's been here (include offensive gurus like Neil Brown), wouldn't it make sense to assume that it's mostly him?

Stoops knows what it takes to build a program and he's a fine talent evaluator, but he remains a poor in-game coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                                I'm not sure Rodriguez gets in even if Bowden pitches it. Looks like Tennessee read it pretty well.

I'm sure others have said this on the thread, but the game was pooped away on our last drive of the first half. Stoops' careful, deliberate manner worked wonders for us last year. This team needs to take some chances. We had Tennessee on their heels and gave them life. Have no idea why we punted the ball there. Catastrophic decision.
                                Rodriugez wasn't getting in, either. That play was read perfectly from the moment it was snapped, if only because it was so terribly predictable.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X