Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Recruits are watching.
    I wonder if recruits are watching our kook fanbase, who eject all reason when something doesn't go our way?

Yes, the coaching staff who have brought in the best recruits and most on-field success of anyone in most of our lifetimes, "are incompetent, should be ashamed, x person needs to go, etc"

Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I wonder if recruits are watching our kook fanbase, who eject all reason when something doesn't go our way?
      This could be said about any fanbase.

Stoops deserves credit for building the program from the ashes, evaluating talent and actually landing them, and for representing the university in a class manner, but that doesn't automatically band-aid all the poor in-game decisions he makes. The same obvious issues that he had when he first arrived remain almost a decade later. It's not fair to him to want him gone (that's ridiculous), but he is NOT above fair criticism.

And, for your second point, aside from last year's 10-3 campaign, he hasn't been any more successful than Rich Brooks.

Comment

Next day and I may be more pissed about losing than I was last night.

Just unbelievable ineptitude by Stoops nearly the entire game. His terrible coaching plus our terrible kicker has cost us any chance at a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Just unbelievable ineptitude by Stoops nearly the entire game. His terrible coaching plus our terrible kicker has cost us any chance at a good season.
          I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Yes, the coaching staff who have brought in the best recruits and most on-field success of anyone in most of our lifetimes, "are incompetent, should be ashamed, x person needs to go, etc"
            , who supposedly is healthy

The point of my post is, we supposedly had a transfer QB in attendance last night and the fact that the running game seemed to be the only offense we had. And, we have a much better passing QB supposedly healthy enough to play, standing on the sideline. If my son was a QB interested enough to come watch a game, and I saw no movement to make a change, that would concern me. And let me be quick to say, this has nothing to do with Bowden because he gives it everything he has on every play, but when it's not working, try something else.
            John 3:3

Comment

, who supposedly is healthy

The point of my post is, we supposedly had a transfer QB in attendance last night and the fact that the running game seemed to be the only offense we had. And, we have a much better passing QB supposedly healthy enough to play, standing on the sideline. If my son was a QB interested enough to come watch a game, and I saw no movement to make a change, that would concern me. And let me be quick to say, this has nothing to do with Bowden because he gives it everything he has on every play, but when it's not working, try something else.
              My comment wasn’t solely directed at you. If your son was a qb who couldn’t win the locker room I’m sure he would get it. Also looking at the offense we were going with at seasons start should be very compelling. Unless you qb son was a KY,/Stoops/Gran hater, and then he would see what he wants to see.

Comment

This is sort of the year I expected. We lost too much off last year's team.

Who knows if Terry hadn't have gotten injured. That was a deathblow.

And we're STILL possibly two field goals away from a really impressive season.

I just think you've gotta give Stoops a pass for this one. They've had to patchwork together a lot of stuff this year. If Rodriguez falls forward last night on that third down play we're all happy. You can't bash the coach when the margins are that tight, IMO. If we would've been blown out, sure. But we were right there.

Next year will be a really important year for Stoops if he's here. This year was a bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                  This is sort of the year I expected. We lost too much off last year's team.

Who knows if Terry hadn't have gotten injured. That was a deathblow.

And we're STILL possibly two field goals away from a really impressive season.

I just think you've gotta give Stoops a pass for this one. They've had to patchwork together a lot of stuff this year. If Rodriguez falls forward last night on that third down play we're all happy. You can't bash the coach when the margins are that tight, IMO. If we would've been blown out, sure. But we were right there.

Next year will be a really important year for Stoops if he's here. This year was a bridge.
                  Best post on this topic. It was a frustrating loss last night but we ran for over 300 yards against what was supposed to be a good rushing defense. We had a 75 yard 10 minute drive last night, that was the best drive that I can remember, ever. Our top receiver was injured and didn't play and one other receiver didn't play.. I just think too many people are enamored with the pass and video game type scores. The two games where we threw the ball 30-40 time were our two worst losses and MSU was definitely a team we should have beat if we had played UK football.

Comment

Folks, I'm in no way calling for CS's head. I like him and am glad he's here. As a former coach of a different sport, when something isn't working you have to take a chance and change something. If it doesn't work folks will still make a fuss, but at least you tried.
                    John 3:3

Comment

Folks, I'm in no way calling for CS's head. I like him and am glad he's here. As a former coach of a different sport, when something isn't working you have to take a chance and change something. If it doesn't work folks will still make a fuss, but at least you tried.
                      Exactly! Smith may not be the best option at QB but, at least he's a different approach. If Smith falls on his face, put Bowden back in the game. What's to lose?

GBB. Beat Vandy.

Comment

Originally posted by Catgrad7072 View Post
                        What's to lose?
                        The team...

If the TEAM believes in LB (and for better or worse they do) he needs to be the guy until THE TEAM is ready for a switch. IF Smith is fully 100%, I want our UF game offense back, but I also wonder about our pass blocking.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X