Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Folks, I just got some troubling news.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Folks, I just got some troubling news.

    As many of you know, my health is what keeps me from attending our Football home games and especially the WCN tailgates. For years, Rick, Dennis, James and others have set up, organised and financed them as well as doing the food prep and cooking. They have lost money on every tailgate this year and are considering canceling for the UL game. Personally I think this is shameful. They always have a great setup including TV's to watch other games and great food. The Dough-Nation Jar is always there for donations to help finance the food. I would ask that if you are going to the UT Martin game, please stop by and tell these guys how much you appreciate them and drop a few in the jar.
    John 3:3

  • #2
    Really sorry to hear this

    Comment


    • #3
      Cathy will be devastated.
      Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
        Cathy will be devastated.
        WoW! I look forward to these tailgates so much. Unfortunately, will not be going Saturday if it is raining. My days of sitting in the rain and driving home in the rain are long gone. Beth can not go. My grandson is supposed to go if the weather is descent. If not, told him he could go next week rain or shine. With it being a noon game, there would be no driving home in the dark. I have been a part of these tailgates since the beginning. You are right Matt. I would be devastated and very sad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post

          WoW! I look forward to these tailgates so much. Unfortunately, will not be going Saturday if it is raining. My days of sitting in the rain and driving home in the rain are long gone. Beth can not go. My grandson is supposed to go if the weather is descent. If not, told him he could go next week rain or shine. With it being a noon game, there would be no driving home in the dark. I have been a part of these tailgates since the beginning. You are right Matt. I would be devastated and very sad.
          according to WAVE the rain should be out by game time......will believe it when I see it

          Comment


          • #6
            10 years ago wouldn’t have given a second thought. Now, driving home in the dark on wet roads, not so much. Will wait until the morning to decide

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like rain will be gone by game time. Takes a lot keep me away. Leaning on coming. The team needs our support tomorrow. Going to be Bowl eligible. Also, and most important, I miss my tailgate buddies. The season is coming to a close and most of these folks I won’t see until next season. VERY appreciative of the hard work Dennis, Rick, and James put into the tailgate. 💙💙💙

              Comment


              • #8
                I will be coming tomorrow and hope to see everyone. Last one this year for me.
                I have 2 extra tickets Sec 206 row 11 on 47 yd line. Will have at the tailgate if anyone
                wants them.
                Eight is great--Time for Nine

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                  I will be coming tomorrow and hope to see everyone. Last one this year for me.
                  I have 2 extra tickets Sec 206 row 11 on 47 yd line. Will have at the tailgate if anyone
                  wants them.

                  Will be there. Will be good to see you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wish I could go. I had rotator cuff surgery Tuesday. Hope to be there next week.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fastkat View Post
                      Wish I could go. I had rotator cuff surgery Tuesday. Hope to be there next week.
                      My car is full

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If someone has a venmo account I can donate some money. I've never been to a tailgate but I really enjoy this board and would hate for it to not happen the last game of the year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Funeral 120 miles away..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by UKFBFAN View Post
                            Funeral 120 miles away..
                            Sorry for your loss.
                            John 3:3

                            Comment

                             

                            A Word From Our Founder

                            With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                            Folks, I just got some troubling news.

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X