Sources: Dean Hood to be next head coach at Murray State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: Dean Hood to be next head coach at Murray State

Dean Hood will be the next head coach at Murray State, sources told FootballScoop on Tuesday.
    Hood is currently the special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach at Kentucky.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...-murray-state/
    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

This is a huge loss for the program.

Comment

I agree Matt. He is a really good coach that has, in my opinion, been under valued and over looked by many. I suspect we are going to have to come up with some more money to keep some staff onboard. I wish coach Hood the best and wish we could have found a way to keep him. He's a heck of a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Brasslock View Post
        I agree Matt. He is a really good coach that has, in my opinion, been under valued and over looked by many. I suspect we are going to have to come up with some more money to keep some staff onboard. I wish coach Hood the best and wish we could have found a way to keep him. He's a heck of a coach.
        I agree about wishing we could have kept him. Special Teams play, under him, is the best it's been in awhile, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I agree about wishing we could have kept him. Special Teams play, under him, is the best it's been in awhile, in my opinion.
          That and the way the DB's improved every game this year. Coach Hood will be hard to replace, but CS is looking hard I'm sure.
          John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
            This is a huge loss for the program.
            It sure is....Hate that he is leaving but completely understand

Comment

If nothing else, remember how we were not fooled on those fake punts this year. That was coaching! Sometimes good coaches just want to be in that Head Coaching job. It was obvious he was good while he was at Eastern.

Best of luck, Coach.

Comment

Best of luck. This and FAU wanting Gran are two more signs that UK football is growing and getting better as a program. You don't want a bunch of guys on your staff that no one else wants.

Comment

When the NY Giants blow up their staff, Thomas McGaughey should be on speed dial. He was great at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UKFBFAN View Post
                    If nothing else, remember how we were not fooled on those fake punts this year. That was coaching! Sometimes good coaches just want to be in that Head Coaching job. It was obvious he was good while he was at Eastern.

Best of luck, Coach.
                    There are few things in football more satisfying than watching an opponent's trick play backfire so spectacularly.

Comment

Any updates on his replacement? Sumrall was the ST coord. at Troy so I assume he's a possibility. If they go with Sumrall, then they'll need a safeties coach. To me, this is an underrated position especially as UK closes the talent with the upper tier SEC schools

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Sources: Dean Hood to be next head coach at Murray State

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X