Gatewood waiver news/rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatewood waiver news/rumor

Per KSR, the NCAA has cleared Gatewood for the upcoming season. However, there are a couple of complications. First the waiver is still waiting approval by the SEC commissioner and there is apparently a gentleman's agreement by UK to not play him against Auburn. Yeah, totally weird. Here is a link: https://kentuckysportsradio.com/foot...ans-agreement/

Auburn must be scared of Mr Gatewood and the UK football team.
    Proverbs 25:24

Comment

I thought that had been one of the primary considerations for transfers, not to be in the same conference or an opponent the next year.

In principle I’m not crazy about the “choicey” approach to Gatewood’s waiver, either he is eligible or he isn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        I thought that had been one of the primary considerations for transfers, not to be in the same conference or an opponent the next year.

In principle I’m not crazy about the “choicey” approach to Gatewood’s waiver, either he is eligible or he isn’t.
        I totally agree. We'll see how the SEC rules.
        John 3:3

Comment

Looks like the QB stable is heavy. Lol....when you have enough depth to be wringing hands over likely your third or fourth string QB, you've come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
            Looks like the QB stable is heavy. Lol....when you have enough depth to be wringing hands over likely your third or fourth string QB, you've come a long way.
            I suspect there's a part of the UK fb nation that believes Gatewood is better than Wilson and, if given the opportunity, he will prove it.
            Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I suspect there's a part of the UK fb nation that believes Gatewood is better than Wilson and, if given the opportunity, he will prove it.
              Or they may tie a Beau around them. Doubt it, but ......

Comment

Lol....we all know who the best quarterback is. It the guy that isnt starting.

Comment

Hard telling this year, I generally agree with that sentiment but Terry seems to be highly thought of and given his injury he might receive a small amount of slack. He’s a guy you really want to root for, and I hope he has a big year. I wish we were having a “normal season” so that he would be able to show his improvement, his health, and earn a chance to be drafted. By all accounts he’s a great guy and he’s a new father too.

With that said, let him have 2-3 below average series in a row and we’ll hear calls for Gatewood to come in.......

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                    Hard telling this year, I generally agree with that sentiment but Terry seems to be highly thought of and given his injury he might receive a small amount of slack. He’s a guy you really want to root for, and I hope he has a big year. I wish we were having a “normal season” so that he would be able to show his improvement, his health, and earn a chance to be drafted. By all accounts he’s a great guy and he’s a new father too.

With that said, let him have 2-3 below average series in a row and we’ll hear calls for Gatewood to come in.......
                    I think it's pretty obvious that Terry is the starter, but Gatewood is good enough to put a lot of pressure on him.

Comment

^ Definitely the chatter. I have wondered if the staff have kept from talking about Gatewood as much in order to quell that sort of discussion or if he just needs another year to mature/pick up the system.

They made comments about Allen that I haven’t seen them make about Gatewood, at least yet

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Gatewood waiver news/rumor

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X