Kentucky’s Two Most Critical Depth Chart Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky’s Two Most Critical Depth Chart Replacements

I’m fully aware that replacing Terry Wilson and identifying a new starting quarterback will be the primary storyline of spring practice. However, there are two depth chart vacancies that will also be of critical importance for the Wildcats. Let’s take a look:

Kentucky's Two Most Critical Depth Chart Replacements | Kentucky Sports Radio
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

I'm super excited about this team!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
      Same here, Uncle Dave. I hope we get to have a normal season this fall.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Its gonna be interesting. Whole line PLUS a new O line coach will have to relearn a new blocking system PLUS getting synced with whoever the QB is. Could be either a blast or a bust. But I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
          That makes three of us that are excited about this team.
          John 3:3

Comment

I'm just giddy as all get out about having a passing attack again. I don't want Mumme ball, just to stop the Wildcat formation when it's 3rd and five. I wanna stop bubble screens 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. I did read where Coen implements a lot of shotgun. That's fine in passing situations but hampers our backs when we run it. They can't generate a full head of steam.
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              I'm just giddy as all get out about having a passing attack again. I don't want Mumme ball, just to stop the Wildcat formation when it's 3rd and five. I wanna stop bubble screens 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. I did read where Coen implements a lot of shotgun. That's fine in passing situations but hampers our backs when we run it. They can't generate a full head of steam.
              I'm old school, but I prefer the QB taking most, if not all, snaps under center unless the oline is so inept, at pass blocking, the QB doesn't have time to pass. The shotgun definitely puts the running backs at a disadvantage as you said.

Comment

I am not so sure about the shotgun putting the RBs at a disadvantage. It hasn’t hurt us any the last 3 years.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but when was the last time UK was a predominantly “under center” team? At least 22 years, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                  I am not so sure about the shotgun putting the RBs at a disadvantage. It hasn’t hurt us any the last 3 years.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but when was the last time UK was a predominantly “under center” team? At least 22 years, right?
                  likely the year before Mumme took over.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky’s Two Most Critical Depth Chart Replacements

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X