NFL draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL draft

I tend to see Davis going round 2/3 (nice money)
    Joseph 2/4 (depends on psych tests), our big tackle round 3 or 4....UK linemen by and large have not excited teams that much...likely due to having to learn pass protect.
    I kind of lean to our others being last round to free agent trials. Jackson is a great college center, but the NFL seems to want linemen that can swap slots. Of course, Drake has proved many wrong before.

Best of luck to all....including the UK guys that will have to stave off guys wanting their jobs.

Brandon Echols projected 237 to San Diego
    Max Duffy 6th to Dallas
    L Young 6th
    McCall either 6/7?
    Drake Round 6?

Comment

I dont think McCall is entering the draft. Bohanna is.

Comment

See what happens when you get old?

Comment

Originally posted by Marooncat79 View Post
          See what happens when you get old?
          Lol....63 years and pain meds ahead.

Comment

Awesome video of Jamin Davis finding out where he'd be drafted.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1388108274520711168

Comment

Congratulations to Jamin Davis and his family. Great decision for him.

Comment

Davis did the right thing, but he will be missed.
                John 3:3

Comment

Just looking ahead, I'm going to say Landon goes round four....maybe drops to five. UK linemen have the rep for being monsters at point of attack, but lack either the quickness or training for the dance of pass protect in the NFL. Throw in a couple injuries over his career and Landon MAY not be as certain as it looked....All American (like Bunchy Stallings) or not.

Drake, the best college center around, was always pointed out by some very knowledgeable guys on this site as having arms that were kind of on the short side. Not anything you or I would notice, but NFL folks may. Throw that in with the NFL guys like their linemen other than the blind side Tackle to play multiple spots and Drake may have a free agent struggle.

Echols could be a bit small for an NFL corner, but he certainly has an NFL attitude. I think he is a free agent shot.

I think big Phil Hoskins has waaaaay too many injuries to get a draft number. Again, a free agent slot.

Bohanna....Big guy wouldnt shock to see a six round or so slot. That nose position is one that truly takes an expert to evaluate ( we dont pay attention to things like clogging the pocket, taking on two guys continually, etc.) I remember Ray Lewis went from all Universe to just a really good player when Siragusa retired and the opposing O linemen were able to get hands on Ray.

Max Duffy will get his shot. Punter is one of those things that NO GM wants to use a draft pick on but EVERY GM wants a great punter.

We find out by the morning.

Good luck guys.

Comment

So far Davis to Washington, Joseph and Bohanna to Dallas, Echols to the Jets, Young to the Saints.

Comment

Phil Hoskins to the Panthers.
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Just saw that, Matt. Coiuld be Max is undrafted. Almost guaranteed he will get a free agent shot. I think he already has a Canadian league offer.

Comment

Six drafted so far. I read that is the most UK players drafted, in one season, since 1979. The 1979 team had eight drafted.
                          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Likely right. Didnt Carter sign a deal with the Steelers for a camp try as well? Last years kid I know, but that would give this team 7 contracts so far. as soon as they are signed. Like you said, it wouldnt take me real long to sign up.

Comment

well....draft is done. UFA time now. A shot for a few other guys to get a look. Rose, Jackson, Duffy.
                              Only one punter taken in the draft....Georgia.
                              Only one kicker taken.

Seems like those slots are almost designated for free agent tryouts these days.....alllllllll year long.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

NFL draft

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X