No announcement yet.

NFL draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Jackson signs an UDFA with Detroit...playing alongside Stenburg.
    AJ Rose gets a chance with Minnesota.

Comment

Very disappointed that Drake did not get drafted. That surprised me. I thought Boogie might have a shot, too. Pleasantly surprised that Hoskins got drafted.

Comment

AJ Rose to Minnesota
        Drake Jackson to Detroit
        Boogie Watson to Pittsburgh

Comment

and just to update:
          Chris Westry is with the Baltimore Ravens.
          Austin MacGuinness is one of two place kickers for the Rams.
          Randal Cobb ended last season on IR with Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
            and just to update:
            Chris Westry is with the Baltimore Ravens.
            Austin MacGuinness is one of two place kickers for the Rams.
            Randal Cobb ended last season on IR with Houston.

Thanks for all the updates.

Comment

Its a pleasure to try and keep up with multiple UK former players in the NFL.

Comment

and in the odd facts department, Ky had more drafted players than wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                  Very disappointed that Drake did not get drafted. That surprised me. I thought Boogie might have a shot, too. Pleasantly surprised that Hoskins got drafted.
                  He will be fighting the label "undersized" for the rest of his career.

If we needed a new o line coach though...
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

KSR has a pretty solid article about the drop of Jackson......and most of it we have beat to death.
                    Small....even though 6 one 293 is enough to back 90 percent of folks down in a bar fight, the center is going up against monsters every night. Nothing new for Drake, BUT
                    this turned out to be an unusually deep class of centers. Alabamas center played five years at that position. Two or three others exploded at the pro day events....which Drake wasnt able to participate in due to a groin injury in the Senior bowl....and and injury, no matter what, tends to bring up NFL flags.
                    Versatility....look, some guys are centers their whole lives. The biggest number of NFL teams though want their centers and guards to be able to switch, and in a crunch, a tackle be able to drop into a guard slot if needed. Drake has taken no snaps anywhere but center since high school.
                    Even though it hurts to say this,,,.the cards are kind of stacked against Jackson. In addition, the team he went to has a beast of a center. Yeah, it could benefit Drake to train under that kind of guy....but the GM has to be willing to take a chance on a guy with a ton of fight that is a tad undersized, never played another slot, and is coming off a groin injury. Not the stuff most of the scouts dream of.

like Spirit said, gotta wonder how Drake would feel about a coaching slot.
                    the dream isnt over though....this season, maybe a stint in the CFL, maybe a magic opening somewhere... lotta things could happen. Best of luck to him.

Comment

As of today, I had a chance to look over several analysts and recruiters about the UK guys;

Davis will stick. Period. Too much physical talent and what has turned into a fine defensive system in front of him.

Joseph.....split decision. half point to his physical gifts, the other half were scared away by his me first attitude and antics. Full consensus is Dallas wont cut a high draft pick, and continue their recent string of "really? You take a chance on THAT?"

Echols getting some love. Hits like a hammer, great speed. Size an issue, but true corners are hard to find.

AJ Rose..physically being compared to Etienne from Clemson, but will have to be consistent catching the ball to earn a situational slot. Minnesota has one of the very best histories of developing low draft and free agents over the past ten years in the league.

Drake Jackson is now getting kudos for having great footwork that helped offset his size, as well as being a bright (two degrees from UK) guy that can absorb playbooks. Numbers game, pure and simple. Coen, our new OC, compares him physically with LA's center....a ten year vet.

Landon Young....and this is a shock....consensus is his best, maybe only shot right now is practice squad. Technique, footwork, trouble with angles...and that old devil the pass game protect. Doesnt help he has two starting tackles and two returning backups ahead of him. May have to learn the guard slot. Will get on the 90 man roster no problem....after that he has to develop...quick.

Big Phil.....everyone is saying what in the world? Seems a reach to most for that high a draft spot.

Bohanna...Dallas again. Why is a team running a four down defense drafting a pure nose tackle? Someone has to change.

Watson could be anything from Wes Woodyard to see ya later.

BUT everyone is at the same spot. Everybody has their chance. Gotta show what you can do....to somebody. Maybe not your team, but someone that will pay you.

Good luck guys....the adventure starts for real now.

Last edited by 40bill; 05-03-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I saw where it is being reported that Duffy has signed with Toronto of the CFL. Larry Vaught is saying it's not true. Larry says he has spoken with Duffy and Duffy is holding out hope of getting a call from some NFL team.
                        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

In NFL news this week, former UK receiver Jeff Badet was waived by the Washington Football team. Jeff after going to Oklahoma to finish eligibility has had more than one cup of coffee with different NFL teams, including a nice signing// futures bonus with the Vikings, but has been a case of injury, timing and place. Being released this early could mean he has some chance to catch on somewhere, but usually means that it is time to look for a future elsewhere. Unfortunately for Jeff, his position is one that is absolutely saturated in the NFL. It seems at this time every team has a dozen or more guys fighting for that receiver slot.

Good luck to him.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

NFL draft

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X