CRod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRod

I saw, on Twitter this morning, that the UK Police arrested Crod for DUI last night.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Yeah I read about that yesterday. Hopefully he can get it cleared up.

Comment

This is a bummer.

Glad no one was injured. Hope he is innocent... (I recognize that is unlikely)
      Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
      He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
      Originally posted by Charlie Munger
      I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

I can't see this resulting in his dismissal from the team, and we'll probably never know what punishment coach Stoops administers (the old this is being handled in house thingy). I'm very glad that no one was injured, or worse. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson from this.
        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
          I can't see this resulting in his dismissal from the team, and we'll probably never know what punishment coach Stoops administers (the old this is being handled in house thingy). I'm very glad that no one was injured, or worse. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson from this.
          If he receives official discipline from UK, they aren't allowed by law to say what it is.
          Aspirational...

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
          I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

If he receives official discipline from UK, they aren't allowed by law to say what it is.
            Thanks for the info, Spirit. I wasn't aware of that.

Comment

Likely wont see CROD in game one.
              Florida as well?????????
              Coach's call.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Is there a distinction between a coach suspending a player or other team punishment from “an official discipline from the school?”

I’m just not clear why l or how this differs from other instances when teams announce player punishments.

The legal charges and court proceedings are public record.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                  Is there a distinction between a coach suspending a player or other team punishment from “an official discipline from the school?”

I’m just not clear why l or how this differs from other instances when teams announce player punishments.

The legal charges and court proceedings are public record.
                  Yes. If the punishment comes from a coach, team imposed discipline like suspensions, dismissal, or running the stairs, aren't "official" punishment's from the school it could be disclosed although the athletic department may have some administrative policy not to. If the punishment comes from the school via its conduct process it's different.

UK's code of conduct travels with the student anywhere in the world even when on vacation. Any student breaking ANY law at any time could be charged with violating the code if UK becomes aware of it.

That action and everything that results from it is a confidential part of the student record protected by The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99). That information is not part of the public record.

So, when a student is charged with a crime, an official disciplinary action taken by the school (which could be substantial) won't be disclosed or part of the public record. A student may disclose their version of the story and what was done, (like Lloyd Tubman) in the press or on Twitter, but the odds of that being completely factual are not very good. There have been many times when UK has remained silent while getting killed in the press or on social media, simply because they can't discuss the details of their investigation or action publicly.
                  Last edited by Spiritof96; 05-10-2022, 02:18 PM.
                  Aspirational...

Comment

Thank you. Good info. Now I wonder whether it’s more standard in misdemeanor charges like DUI for the university to step in or for the coach to lay down the law as an example for the whole team. My guess would be the latter. And they could announce his punishment if they so choose. Seems like more and more coaches take the Calipari approach though and respect the player’s privacy. Part of the “player’s coach” mentality I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                      Thank you. Good info. Now I wonder whether it’s more standard in misdemeanor charges like DUI for the university to step in or for the coach to lay down the law as an example for the whole team. My guess would be the latter. And they could announce his punishment if they so choose. Seems like more and more coaches take the Calipari approach though and respect the player’s privacy. Part of the “player’s coach” mentality I suppose.
                      I don't think we'll hear a peep about what is done either way. I'm ok with that.
                      Aspirational...

Comment

This from LEX18: BREAKING: A warrant has been issued for UK football player Chris Rodriguez's arrest after he failed to appear for his arraignment. The judge also imposed a $200 fine. Rodriguez is charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.

Comment

I hope this is some kind of mix-up and he didn't just fail to show up w/o a good reason.

Comment

This may adversely affect NIL endorsements as well as his NFL draft stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                              This from LEX18: BREAKING: A warrant has been issued for UK football player Chris Rodriguez's arrest after he failed to appear for his arraignment. The judge also imposed a $200 fine. Rodriguez is charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.
                              Oh no...
                              Aspirational...

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

CRod

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X