X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope it all gets worked out

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

I’m not sure. Never heard of them, either.
      Me too! New blogger?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

If the comments by Matt Jones are correct, it sounds like a separate conduct issue with the school that is waiting to be adjudicated. There are a number of code of conduct violations that would be kept private and could also get a student kicked out or suspended.

I hope it isn’t that for his sake…
        Yup when I was listening to Matt & the crew it didn't sound good-man!

Comment

Rowland has usually been pretty reputable, and he now says he doesnt think Crod will play. He also stated this is very serious and hopes other players were not involved.
          whatever this is, the rumor mill is rampant.....decidedly not academics. Some vague rumors about money OUTSIDE of NIL "guidelines"....whatever those are, such as direct payment by a booster.

As of any true facts, there are none that I have seen. Someone could write Crod was found to be a Russian infiltrator, or Martian for that matter.

At this point though there is a strong sense that we may have seen the last of Rodriguez...I say that because I would hazard a guess he takes the same route as Jarmon and enters the NFL supplemental draft if he is not allowed to play.

Comment

Well....it seems as of now the correct answer is 'ask again later' as far as Crods availability for the upcoming season.
            I havent read anything other than rumors about possible issues....and those are everywhere.
            Best of luck to Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

The only other school conduct code violation (if it is that) I can remember is the Tubman situation and he was dismissed from school.
              The fight last year was a conduct code violation, but I think some or most of the players were cleared. But it took a while. There have been tons of others over the years, but they are mostly low-level.

If you read the paper you can sort out just about everyone who has been dismissed from the team over some criminal charge. A linebacker from Louisville, a DB a while back.

When players who play leave for non-obvious reasons, severe but not necessarily criminal code of conduct violations are a likely cause.
              Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
              He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
              Originally posted by Charlie Munger
              I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

So if Chris is suspended for multiple games to begin the season, do you all think that we have a guy who can step up at his place without much drop off?

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                  So if Chris is suspended for multiple games to begin the season, do you all think that we have a guy who can step up at his place without much drop off?
                  I think we have good backs that can fill in but, none at the same level as CRod.
                  John 3:3

Comment

We got a visit, the other day, from a player whose name escapes me at the moment. He's transferring from a FCS school but some people think he might be able to soften the blow if we lose CRod.
                    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

The name is Ramon Jefferson.

Ramon Jefferson considering Kentucky Wildcats Football, Tennessee Vols among others - A Sea Of Blue
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                        Chris is great and reliable in tough yardage situations. Having said that I think Jutaun Mclain (sp?) is really good and I'm excited to see what he can do.
                        Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Chris is great and reliable in tough yardage situations. Having said that I think Jutaun Mclain (sp?) is really good and I'm excited to see what he can do.
                          I agree. I said, before he set foot on campus, that he would be very good if he stayed at least three years. I was afraid he would get discouraged and transfer. In my opinion, he's too good to sit. I guess he's going to stick it out though as he will be a Jr. this coming season. I'm not sure it's appropriate to compare him to CRod. Jutahn is more of a get to the edge and take off type of runner.

Comment

If we sign Ramon Jefferson, he's more of a CRod type of runner.

Comment

I just hope CRod will be allowed to play. IMO he's our best and has a toughness the outers don't have.
                              John 3:3

Comment

The fight last year was a conduct code violation, but I think some or most of the players were cleared. But it took a while. There have been tons of others over the years, but they are mostly low-level.

If you read the paper you can sort out just about everyone who has been dismissed from the team over some criminal charge. A linebacker from Louisville, a DB a while back.

When players who play leave for non-obvious reasons, severe but not necessarily criminal code of conduct violations are a likely cause.
                                Ridge Wilson was the fella from Louisville. As was Tubman. Maybe Petrino was turning them in out of spite.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Trouble with C-Rod?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X