Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    The DUI case is settled, I wonder when coach Stoops will make a statement?

Herald-Leader Sports on Twitter: "The senior running back was originally charged with careless driving and operating a motor vehicle under the influence. https://t.co/xRtQNv1LvS" / Twitter

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    As serious as this seems to be, I can't imagine Coaches Stoops or Morrow saying anything about this situation anywhere others could hear. It's just to tight lipped.
    Jones has said he has heard from "sources" AKA Stoops and Marrow, what it is. He just isnt' saying. He also has stated more than once some version of what coaches believe about the issue.

He did say that "in fairness to C Rod" that it is "serious" but not "that serious" in terms of what people are speculating.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    As serious as this seems to be, I can't imagine Coaches Stoops or Morrow saying anything about this situation anywhere others could hear. It's just to tight lipped.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
    Is this recent news? I have not heard anything to that effect, certainly from Stoops. And, I have not heard Matt Jones doing any speculating or making any comments in the past 10-14 days.
    He said it after the golf scramble. (Maybe Ryan said it on Mon)

IT wasn't from Stoops's mouth, it was after talking to Stoops and Marrow at the scramble.

Leave a comment:

• SBCatMan
    replied
    Is this recent news? I have not heard anything to that effect, certainly from Stoops. And, I have not heard Matt Jones doing any speculating or making any comments in the past 10-14 days.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
    Ramon Jefferson just committed to us. He has a year of eligibility left. That might suggest CRod is out.
    The consensus seems to be CRod is out for several games but not the season. Per Matt Jones per Mark Stoops.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    Ramon Jefferson just committed to us. He has a year of eligibility left. That might suggest CRod is out.
    At least for a few games. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him in a UK uniform.

Leave a comment:

• matt colvin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Catsrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

The fight last year was a conduct code violation, but I think some or most of the players were cleared. But it took a while. There have been tons of others over the years, but they are mostly low-level.

If you read the paper you can sort out just about everyone who has been dismissed from the team over some criminal charge. A linebacker from Louisville, a DB a while back.

When players who play leave for non-obvious reasons, severe but not necessarily criminal code of conduct violations are a likely cause.
    Ridge Wilson was the fella from Louisville. As was Tubman. Maybe Petrino was turning them in out of spite.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    I just hope CRod will be allowed to play. IMO he's our best and has a toughness the outers don't have.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    If we sign Ramon Jefferson, he's more of a CRod type of runner.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Chris is great and reliable in tough yardage situations. Having said that I think Jutaun Mclain (sp?) is really good and I'm excited to see what he can do.
    I agree. I said, before he set foot on campus, that he would be very good if he stayed at least three years. I was afraid he would get discouraged and transfer. In my opinion, he's too good to sit. I guess he's going to stick it out though as he will be a Jr. this coming season. I'm not sure it's appropriate to compare him to CRod. Jutahn is more of a get to the edge and take off type of runner.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritof96
    replied
    So if Chris is suspended for multiple games to begin the season, do you all think that we have a guy who can step up at his place without much drop off?
    Chris is great and reliable in tough yardage situations. Having said that I think Jutaun Mclain (sp?) is really good and I'm excited to see what he can do.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    The name is Ramon Jefferson.

Ramon Jefferson considering Kentucky Wildcats Football, Tennessee Vols among others - A Sea Of Blue

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    We got a visit, the other day, from a player whose name escapes me at the moment. He's transferring from a FCS school but some people think he might be able to soften the blow if we lose CRod.

Leave a comment:

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Trouble with C-Rod?

Collapse
Working...
X