Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football

Don’t look now, but Scott Satterfield and the Louisville football program are currently the hottest thing in college football recruiting. I am 100 percent not joking.

On Monday, the Cardinals landed a borderline five-star recruit to give the football program a pair of top-100 recruits in their 2023 class.

Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football - On3
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

It seems, from some of the comments I've read, UofL has learned how to use NIL to their fullest advantage.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      It seems, from some of the comments I've read, UofL has learned how to use NIL to their fullest advantage.
      So Katrina Powell and Friends would be considered a little "low budget" for them these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Don’t look now, but Scott Satterfield and the Louisville football program are currently the hottest thing in college football recruiting. I am 100 percent not joking.

On Monday, the Cardinals landed a borderline five-star recruit to give the football program a pair of top-100 recruits in their 2023 class.

Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football - On3
        It looks like Addidas has gone all-in with NIL recruiting.

If this is going to be legal (and it looks like it is) we are going to get left behind unless there is a sea-change in how we handle things.

Let's go Cats!
        Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

It looks like Addidas has gone all-in with NIL recruiting.

If this is going to be legal (and it looks like it is) we are going to get left behind unless there is a sea-change in how we handle things.

Let's go Cats!
          Seems like the problem is Mitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Seems like the problem is Mitch?
            Please explain.
            John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Please explain.
              From what I've read, Mitch is choosing to proceed with an abundance of caution, where NIL is concerned, instead of letting the coaches go at it full bore.

Comment

Please explain.
                As others have said, Mitch doesn't like NIL. Dead set against it. Mitch also doesn't like or want to push the envelope with what is acceptable under NIL. The NCAA is a toothless mutt of an organization and Ohio St., TAMU, UT, and now UL, have said, it ain't a rule until it's a rule and gone whole hog.

Mitch has also been opposed to UK coordinating NIL deals for players. It's the wild west right now and we need to be at least in the top quartile of "envelope-pushing" with NIL and see this as the opportunity that it is, rather than some threat to "how college athletics are supposed to be". Look at how UK football recruiting has gone this summer. We used to be the one's turning heads with unexpected gets, now were are coming in second to all kinds of commits. There is a reason for that.
                Aspirational...

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

The only thing worthy of giving Mitch pause is that the NCAA has said they consider this a recruiting violation and would punish schools retroactively. I think that's bogus and will not come to pass, but I could understand the pause.

In general though, Mitch needs to get with it or get out. Whether or not we like NIL, it's the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

As others have said, Mitch doesn't like NIL. Dead set against it. Mitch also doesn't like or want to push the envelope with what is acceptable under NIL. The NCAA is a toothless mutt of an organization and Ohio St., TAMU, UT, and now UL, have said, it ain't a rule until it's a rule and gone whole hog.

Mitch has also been opposed to UK coordinating NIL deals for players. It's the wild west right now and we need to be at least in the top quartile of "envelope-pushing" with NIL and see this as the opportunity that it is, rather than some threat to "how college athletics are supposed to be". Look at how UK football recruiting has gone this summer. We used to be the one's turning heads with unexpected gets, now were are coming in second to all kinds of commits. There is a reason for that.
                    I'm afraid Mitch is going to cost us big time in recruiting, especially in fb. I don't condone cheating but I agree it's not a rule until it's a rule. Until the NCAA puts something in writing, I think we should get in there and mix it up.

Comment

It's also not cheating if everyone is doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                        The only thing worthy of giving Mitch pause is that the NCAA has said they consider this a recruiting violation and would punish schools retroactively. I think that's bogus and will not come to pass, but I could understand the pause.

In general though, Mitch needs to get with it or get out. Whether or not we like NIL, it's the way it is now.
                        Mitch being slow on this NIL issue could pay off down the road but I doubt the NCAA will ever be a factor. They only got involved after the NIL gained some speed and they saw how it was working. The NCAA is losing it's power and this thing with UL just might be their downfall. I hope it is!

Comment

Mitch being slow on this NIL issue could pay off down the road
                          How?

Aspirational...

Comment

As I stated I don't think the NCAA will ever do anything about the NIL issue, but if they did, being cautious in the beginning could pay off.

Comment

Mitch being slow on this NIL issue could pay off down the road but I doubt the NCAA will ever be a factor. They only got involved after the NIL gained some speed and they saw how it was working. The NCAA is losing it's power and this thing with UL just might be their downfall. I hope it is!
                              The power conferences keep talking about splitting off and doing their own thing - increasingly there seems to be an attitude among the schools and coaches that they didn't want NIL and the transfer portal to work like this, where NIL is just an enticement by a different name. It seems that this was inevitable, but they still seem surprised it's come to this.

So I don't know if it will pay off down the road but I do think it's possible that the rules are going to get standardized down the road. One thing I do wonder is how U of L is able to do this while UK (Calipari) says it's against state law. Is Cal just full of it?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X