Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

The power conferences keep talking about splitting off and doing their own thing - increasingly there seems to be an attitude among the schools and coaches that they didn't want NIL and the transfer portal to work like this, where NIL is just an enticement by a different name. It seems that this was inevitable, but they still seem surprised it's come to this.

So I don't know if it will pay off down the road but I do think it's possible that the rules are going to get standardized down the road. One thing I do wonder is how U of L is able to do this while UK (Calipari) says it's against state law. Is Cal just full of it?
    Oh I think so for sure. The NCAA will try to flex their muscles but with their track record it won't last long. I believe the power conferences forming their own way of ruling themselves, will happen and their formation will center around football.

John 3:3

Comment

We had better enjoy every bit of college football that we can, because I fear that in the very near future the game that we all have come to live will be no more. NIL, The Portal and Conference Re-alignment along with different levels of governing bodies will make the game unrecognizable.

Comment

The thing that concerns me is that we seem to finally be reaching the point where we're competitive in the SEC. With the exception of a couple of different times, that's something UK fb hasn't seen since the days of the Bear. It's really nice being mentioned in the convo for the SEC East title. I hope that doesn't change, but I fear the future of college fb is going to favor the big dogs.
        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
          We had better enjoy every bit of college football that we can, because I fear that in the very near future the game that we all have come to live will be no more. NIL, The Portal and Conference Re-alignment along with different levels of governing bodies will make the game unrecognizable.
          I hate the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. I'm not one for 'SEC Pride' so their joining the conference does nothing for me, and it just alters the schedule even more. I hate what it will inevitably do to the schedule and I hate that this is all becoming a big cash grab.

I have no idea if it's codified in state law but I really wonder if we're gonna be playing Louisville in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
            As I stated I don't think the NCAA will ever do anything about the NIL issue, but if they did, being cautious in the beginning could pay off.
            There isn't a world where UK would be aggressive enough that the NCAA would or could do anything. The NIL has been signed off on by the US Supreme Court. The NCAA has coaches playing players before NIL on Federal wiretaps and have done nothing for years about it.

Mitch's abundance of caution can ONLY hurt us.
            Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
            He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
            Originally posted by Charlie Munger
            I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
              The thing that concerns me is that we seem to finally be reaching the point where we're competitive in the SEC. With the exception of a couple of different times, that's something UK fb hasn't seen since the days of the Bear. It's really nice being mentioned in the convo for the SEC East title. I hope that doesn't change, but I fear the future of college fb is going to favor the big dogs.
              This concerns me too. I can't come to the games anymore but I'm enjoying our success just as much. I don't like the NIL or the portal even though we've benefitted from it. CS was doing a good job recruiting before and he will continue to build our program. I'm not to concerned about UL's recruiting right now because after last years game they have a long way to go.
              John 3:3

Comment

Biggest thing Louisville has going for itself right now is Steve Clarkson. I'm not worried until they start landing some guys at the line. Idc how many stars their RB or WR recruits have when we have been flooding that backfield for years now. And they're going to need MULTIPLE good recruiting years on the d-line to contend with our size. Might work in the ACC though.

Comment

The NIL has surpassed the "Wild West" designation and could eclipse "West World." Miami just recruited a DL with a booster offering a 9.5 million dollar NIL package. Florida had reportedly offered 11 million. I believe the kid's name was Rashada. Get a billionaire or two behind a university and the landscape of Big Dogs could change dramatically. This is hard for me to wrap my head around. What, beside money, is there to keep anyone from going out and recruiting, buying, a team full of 5 Star players?

Comment

Originally posted by Brasslock View Post
                    What, beside money, is there to keep anyone from going out and recruiting, buying, a team full of 5 Star players?
                    How do you suppose most of the "traditional powers" got that way.

Were I Jeff Bezos, every scholarship player on the team would have a 6 figure NIL deal.

Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Hot recruiting run is not slowing down for Louisville football

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X