Melting Down after 1 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melting Down after 1 game

Man I have not seen so much knee jerk reaction from this fan base in a long time. After 1 game (first of the season) where we tried not to show too much to Florida, and the sky is falling. I usually am a pessimist and all but I am not as worried. At least not yet. Let us see if our O line plays a ton better in week 2. I remember Drake Jackson next to last year, we were talking up the Oline preseason and in game 1 we gave up a few sacks and missed several blocks. We heard CMS talk about cleaning things up and such. We were tons better week 2. Now those guys are not walking through the door but I will wait till after the game and see how we do in Game 2.

RB is a concern but lets see how guys do. Hope we see tons of improvement in week 2. Time will tell.

Cats Illustrated board is blowing up with Doom and Gloom. Just crazy.
    Proverbs 25:24

I agree. I'm optimistic about the lines, and expect them to grow into SEC caliber. I'm most concerned about our RB's.
    John 3:3

Comment

Hey, just Kentucky basketball attitude bleeding through...lol.
      I have no doubt the Cats will improve. That's been part of Stoops pattern. Just like giving up the first score has.

It's a long season and lots can happen...good as well as bad.

11 wins???? Lol...likely not.
      An unheard of 3rd 10 win season???? Not out of the question.

Comment

I'm curious to see how we look against UF.

I'm sure they know about "stunts and twists" too...
        Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Word I get from a friend who is a UF fan. New Coach Napier was left with a lower than usual talent level but has instilled principles of leadership and discipline in their players and they expect a win.
          John 3:3

Comment

I am excited and it is only Tuesday. Excited in a good and bad way. Not dread but want to see us bring out the playbook and open things up, take calculated risks. Not take a risk just to to be risky. I want our D to show a big improvement just like the difference in first and 2nd half last week, maybe a bit bigger step. GO BIG BlUE!
            Proverbs 25:24

Comment

Need all hands on deck. Doesn’t look like that is going to happen.

Comment

I heard Rich refer to his blocking schemes as "complicated," and this bothers me. A new OC and players in relatively new positions on the line can be problematic. Our run game looked almost non-existent. It may be time to simplify blocking assignments. We have to be able to run the ball of we are to be successful. I could be over-reacting.

Comment

Two years ago we heard 'we gotta pass' 'look at Leach!!!'
                  Gotta have a passer''Cant win with such a predictable offense's

Now its hand wring over Crod, Jefferson and an Oline that was better in pass pro than run in game one.

Cant win.

Comment

Bill, you know fans are never satisfied.
                    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                      Bill, you know fans are never satisfied.
                      Well, lolol... this one isnt anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
                        Need all hands on deck. Doesn’t look like that is going to happen.
                        I agree Cathy.....all these players out is very frustrating

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Melting Down after 1 game

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X