Kentucky is waiting on the NCAA to clear Chris Rodriguez, Jordan Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky is waiting on the NCAA to clear Chris Rodriguez, Jordan Wright

The ball is in the NCAA’s court. The Big Blue Nation has been playing the waiting game for months, eagerly awaiting to see when two star team captains will be available. It’s been made clear by Mark Stoops the decision is out of his hands. Matt Jones shared Wednesday morning on Kentucky Sports Radio that Chris Rodriguez and Jordan Wright‘s availability is not up to the University of Kentucky, rather than NCAA.

“I am told it is the NCAA (causing the hold up). That UK is basically waiting to hear (from the NCAA),” Jones said. “They thought they would hear yesterday and they have not yet. So this is not a UK delay. It is an NCAA delay.”

He continued. “The working assumption right now is still the same as what it was a few weeks ago. There is still hope Jordan Wright will play this week. Even though; they didn’t put him on the depth chart because they don’t know. But there is hope he will play this week. Rodriguez the thought is still three to four games (until he can return).”

Kentucky could receive a determination on outside linebacker Jordan Wright’s status before the Cats take the field against his home state school, Florida. For running back Chris Rodriguez, his timetable to return remains unclear.

I still think in the end the most likely scenario is he plays after the Northern Illinois game,” said Jones.

Kentucky anticipated a decision from the NCAA on Tuesday. That did not happen. For now, the Kentucky football program is still in limbo as two of its stars remain sidelined.

Kentucky is waiting on the NCAA to clear Chris Rodriguez, Jordan Wright - On3
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Knowing how the NCAA operates, this doesn't sound good. CRod and Wright are liable to either miss a big chunk of the season or not be eligible at all.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I've yet to experience any good news from the NCAA as it pertains to Kentucky.

BUT perhaps this will deflate a little of the steam folks are throwing at Mitch Barnhart.

But I doubt it.

Comment

People are already questioning, on Twitter, why UK waited so long to announce that the NCAA is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
          I've yet to experience any good news from the NCAA as it pertains to Kentucky.
          Randolph Morris fax.

Eric Bledsoe.

That's all I have, though.

Comment

Anytime the NCAA and Kentucky are mentioned in the same sentence, it's never good for Kentucky.
            John 3:3

Comment

Paul put on tape of Roman Harper saying KENTUCKY does not have a chance this week. He is all in our Florida now. Said he reason is all AR for Florida. I am guessing that Levis is so slow and cannot run, does not know how to run a team and such. He said by 10 or 14 plus.

Then Stoops on and Paul did his journalism thing asking about CROD and Wright. Stoops started to say the investigation but stopped short of that. Heck if NCAA is investigating just now then they will not rule for days to weeks. By then the season will probably be 1/2 over.

Did not like hearing that (almost hearing that).

Other stuff CMS said was he does not need fodder from someone to get us up for this game. Perfect answer to Paul. CMS said he is happy with how they prepared and we will be ready Saturday night.
              Proverbs 25:24

Comment

Mods put this with the other NCAA invest post. No need for 2.

Comment

Unfortunately hearing rumors this is actually a very serious investigation.
                  crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pobilly View Post
                    Mods put this with the other NCAA invest post. No need for 2.
                    Success!

Comment

Jordan Wright cleared to play!

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2022/9/8/...-football-news

Comment

Great news!
                        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post
                          Excellent!

Comment

Wow, Great news. Wright will have to knock the rust off but hopefully he can get on page 1 with everyone from the get go. He is a very seasoned vet. I saw one person on another board say CROD news will come gameday. I think someone is just trying to start rumor mill for game. What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pobilly View Post
                              Wow, Great news. Wright will have to knock the rust off but hopefully he can get on page 1 with everyone from the get go. He is a very seasoned vet. I saw one person on another board say CROD news will come gameday. I think someone is just trying to start rumor mill for game. What say you?
                              I think Crod will miss at least two more games after the Fl. game.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky is waiting on the NCAA to clear Chris Rodriguez, Jordan Wright

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X