Frost Out At Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frost Out At Nebraska

Nebraska has announced the firing of Scott Frost today. Any reason to be nervous here? I kind of doubt it, but Stoops might come up as a potential candidate.

He has a better job now than that one

Comment

I kind of agree with Jload. Coach has a mighty good gig at UK.
      but at the end of the day it's his choice.

Comment

Well, here we go again! I, too, believe Nebraska today would be a step down

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-scott-frost/

Comment

Stoops name will continue to come up with every opening. Makes nn sense, really, but it will happen.

Comment

Firing Frost now costs Nebraska $15,000,000.00. If they had waited only until October 1st the tab would have been half that. Unbelievable. Suggests money will be no object in their next hire.

Comment

Word is that Campbell from Iowa State is their first choice.
              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Frost found out recruiting in Nebraska and surrounding areas is NOT the same as recruiting in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                  Word is that Campbell from Iowa State is their first choice.
                  He would be a good fit there and for the sake of an my obnoxious ISU alumn inlaw, you'd hate to see it.
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Only reason to worry about Nebraska and Stoops is through NIL. I imagine they are more likely to embrace it than Kentucky has so far (at least from the administrative perspective).

Comment

Stoops was asked about Nebraska:

ā€œIā€™m very content and very happy at the University of Kentucky. We have a lot more work to do here.ā€
                      LINK

Comment

CMS has a real good gig. Yeah, yeah, yeah...'basketball school'...
                        but ovebuy mil a year, bonus for wins 9+, extension of contract after 7, then more extension. What has got to be one of the most patient ADs around.

Plus a real nice buyout.

Im guessing the schools hed be interested in are tOSU,
                        Michigan, Iowa.

Then again I thought he was toast 4 seasons in.

Comment

First of all, I do NOT think we have to worry about Stoops leaving for Nebraska. He seems to me to be truly invested in this University and its community. I think he is happy, focused and VERY well compensated.

That having been said, you can never really tell about these things. Whoever thought Jimbo Fisher would leave FSU? Who foresaw Lincoln Riley to USC? And above all, who would ever have guessed in a million years that Brian Kelly would leave Notre Dame for LSU, of all places? Kelly has surpassed Knute Rockne as the winningest coach at ND and could have built a mark that would never be challenged. Heck, there is even a Cancer Center about 2 miles from my house that is named after Kelly and his wife.

it is a crazy world in which we live.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                            First of all, I do NOT think we have to worry about Stoops leaving for Nebraska. He seems to me to be truly invested in this University and its community. I think he is happy, focused and VERY well compensated.

That having been said, you can never really tell about these things. Whoever thought Jimbo Fisher would leave FSU? Who foresaw Lincoln Riley to USC? And above all, who would ever have guessed in a million years that Brian Kelly would leave Notre Dame for LSU, of all places? Kelly has surpassed Knute Rockne as the winningest coach at ND and could have built a mark that would never be challenged. Heck, there is even a Cancer Center about 2 miles from my house that is named after Kelly and his wife.

it is a crazy world in which we live.
                            That's a good point about Kelly. I still don't understand that move, unless he wants to win championships and he knows he can't get that done/recruit to that at ND.
                            Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                            He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                            Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                            I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Frost Out At Nebraska

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X