Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Rodriguez to Return Against Ole Miss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
    Don’t think he should start. The backs we have now have earned a start. Bring him in soon, but not start. The fans will go nuts when he gets in.
    He wasn’t suspended for four games and a quarter, or four games and a series. He was suspended for four games. He will have served his suspension, and his contributions over the last few years (as well as his prowess on the field) have earned him the right to start as soon as he’s available.

Guarantee you every player on that team — the other RBs included — want C-Rod to start and will be fired up when he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

He wasn’t suspended for four games and a quarter, or four games and a series. He was suspended for four games. He will have served his suspension, and his contributions over the last few years (as well as his prowess on the field) have earned him the right to start as soon as he’s available.

Guarantee you every player on that team — the other RBs included — want C-Rod to start and will be fired up when he does.
      I agree. He is not some unknown addition to the team. Suspension was four games which he will have served so I have no problem with him returning to his starting role in game 5.

Comment

Crods biggest issue will be timing with the OLine.
        in our last game success seemed to be on the right side. it seems in the past the left was the strongest. Timing will be the biggest hurdle. To be honest, the first 2 games we are decreasing the number of runs....now whether it's something that was planned from day one OR an attempt to balance out Crod not being there, no clue.

At any rate, it will be good to see him back.

Comment

Hopefully players that have stepped for him, get a lot of playing time too. CRod could be a little rusty. Am sure he is eager to play. I too am happy to see him back

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
            Crods biggest issue will be timing with the OLine.
            in our last game success seemed to be on the right side. it seems in the past the left was the strongest. Timing will be the biggest hurdle. To be honest, the first 2 games we are decreasing the number of runs....now whether it's something that was planned from day one OR an attempt to balance out Crod not being there, no clue.

At any rate, it will be good to see him back.
            I noticed that in the first half we had trouble running to the right. It looked like Jeremy Flax in particular was having a rough time.

In the second half I didn't notice Flax over there and we killed it off to the right.

I thought Stoops did some mixing and matching on the oline, but because I'm so football dumb I might be wrong. It could be that we just slowly wore them down.

I thought the plodding, grueling, injury-riddled way the game went in the first half played to our advantage. Stoops is always trying to get the game into a slugfest and he usually succeeds.

Comment

Man I really thought he would be back next week vs N Illinois. 3 games is 1/4 of the season. Now he is out 1/3 or the season. Oh well. I hope he is ready and starts out strong. To have Smoke, Wright and CROD as 3 options with T Rob (9) as a flanker style back is huge.
              Proverbs 25:24

Comment

Great news for the team. The offensive potential for this team is scary. We're gonna demolish teams in the back half of the season.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Chris Rodriguez to Return Against Ole Miss!

Collapse
                Working...
                X