Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youngstown State @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglyduckling View Post
    Something should be done about the tackles from behind. Specifically the ones where the frontrunner is pulled down from the shoulders. Feel like more often than not it leads to an injury.
    I thought that was a horse collar tackle?
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I thought that was a horse collar tackle?
      I don't think this one was a technical horse collar. Just a play to stop a score by the defender. But this particular, I think legal play, is very similar to a horse collar and seems like it forces all the momentum down to the offensive players knees/ankles. It definitely wasn't called a horse collar.

Comment

I don't remember this play, but here is the rule.

‚ÄčRule 9.
        Horse Collar Tackle
        ARTICLE 15
        All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the nameplate area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box (Rule 2-34). Note that the tackle box disintegrates when the ball leaves it
        John 3:3

Comment

Missed the game yesterday ..will watch it on replay

We are 3-0......GO CATS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
            Please tell me how bad Weaver injured, I missed it.
            Only official report I can find: https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky...-on-jj-weaver/

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post
              Thank You. We'll find out more Monday.
              John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post
                Here is an update: https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky...-week-to-week/

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Youngstown State @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
                Working...
                X