Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jarren Williams' Commitment Solid? UPDATE: Williams De-Commits for a Second Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Walker Wood compete for the position or is it set in stone that he is changing positions?

Comment

Here's some players the coaching staff is looking at.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...184339663.html
      The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

WOW! That Scott kid sure seems to have the pass/run tools.

Comment

Originally posted by SCBlu View Post
          WOW! That Scott kid sure seems to have the pass/run tools.
          I'd be satisfied with Armstrong or Scott.
          The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

UK has offered Wilson.

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/201...in-2018-class/

Comment

Baylor and Indiana have also offered. In Morrow we trust!

Comment

I'm playing "Mr. Obvious" now,but I think three things are abundantly clear at this point:

1. The staff now believes that this latest decommitment is forever and that Williams will not have another change of heart.
                2. The staff apparently believes that our QB of the future -- at least te immediate future -- is not currently on campus. That somewhat surprises me, as I had hopes for Hoak.
                3. We are looking for mobbile QBs. I think that is a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                  I'm playing "Mr. Obvious" now,but I think three things are abundantly clear at this point:

1. The staff now believes that this latest decommitment is forever and that Williams will not have another change of heart.
                  2. The staff apparently believes that our QB of the future -- at least te immediate future -- is not currently on campus. That somewhat surprises me, as I had hopes for Hoak.
                  3. We are looking for mobbile QBs. I think that is a wise decision.
                  What makes you think this? Couldn't it be something as simple as planning for the future (as in, beyond Hoak et al)?
                  Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 11-15-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

We've offered another one.

https://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/...win--110536904

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

What makes you think this? Couldn't it be something as simple as planning for the future (as in, beyond Hoak et al)?
                      Well, two things make me feel this way. Number one is the flurry of activity that, IMO, has a real feel of urgency to it. Number 2 is that we have offered a JUCO. If we were simply looking at HS Seniors, then yes, it would just be a prudent recruiting move to have at least one QB in every class. But, when you go after a JUCO, you are usually doing so to fill an immediate need. Now, that having been said, i do realize that Stephen Johnson's recruitment was simply to provide an insurance policy for Barker at the time. So, that would tend to contradict my second point. But, to me, at least, this JUCO offer has a different feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post

Well, two things make me feel this way. Number one is the flurry of activity that, IMO, has a real feel of urgency to it. Number 2 is that we have offered a JUCO. If we were simply looking at HS Seniors, then yes, it would just be a prudent recruiting move to have at least one QB in every class. But, when you go after a JUCO, you are usually doing so to fill an immediate need. Now, that having been said, i do realize that Stephen Johnson's recruitment was simply to provide an insurance policy for Barker at the time. So, that would tend to contradict my second point. But, to me, at least, this JUCO offer has a different feel to it.
                        Good points.

Comment

Wilson looks to me like the real deal. We've offered Baldwin too. I don't know if any of this says anything about Barker, Wood, Clark, or Hoak. My concern with Barker is that he may need to rebuild his confidence. This year just convinced me of the need to have two QB's who can lead the team. If I'm surprised about anything it has been how rugged Johnson has been to be able to take some of the hits he has and keep on performing. Wilson is a dual-threat and Baldwin is a pocket passer so I would hazard a guess we're look for quality rather than simply style. It's never easy to catch lightening in a bottle.

Comment

The staff likely knows some stuff we don't. I read some rumors Hoaks dad was an unhappy camper, and I don't know about Drew Bs confidence OR health. I forget sometimes he would likely graduate this season so may decide to go on with life I think Wood was being looked at as another position. So that could leave UK in theory with just Clark next year.
                            that could go from being deep to scary thin in just a bit.
                            ​​​

Comment

Not sure why Hoak's father would be overly concerned re playing time. This seems to be playing out as it should. His son is heir apparent to Stephen Johnson and I believe will have 3 more years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SCBlu View Post
                                Not sure why Hoak's father would be overly concerned re playing time. This seems to be playing out as it should. His son is heir apparent to Stephen Johnson and I believe will have 3 more years of eligibility.
                                Perhaps he took it as some kind of message when Drew, instead of Gunner, was put in to spell Stephen.

Comment

Is Jarren Williams' Commitment Solid? UPDATE: Williams De-Commits for a Second Time

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X