Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Reigelsperger decommits from UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alex Reigelsperger decommits from UK

    So much for that tight-knit family feel.

  • #2
    I just saw this. Big bummer, he was all about being "100% in" and "wanting to start something special"

    Comment


    • #3
      Minnesota? Don't get that, unless he has family ties there. I am not worried about it. I see it as an opportunity to get an upgrade.

      Comment


      • #4
        From what I am reading, this was an amicable split and at least "semi-mutual."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
          Minnesota? Don't get that, unless he has family ties there. I am not worried about it. I see it as an opportunity to get an upgrade.
          We haven’t quite reached the point where we can just “upgrade” from a four-star.

          And let’s not forget that Minnesota hired P.J. Fleck. Lots of good players want to play for that guy.
          Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 10-09-2017, 03:34 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hope this does not open door to other de-commitments, these announcements tend to occur in succession, still nervous regarding Williams after hearing Alabama visit was very good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Never heard of this Fleck guy. He must have something going for him if he can convince a kid to go the Big ten instead of the SEC and play in Minnesota.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
                Never heard of this Fleck guy. He must have something going for him if he can convince a kid to go the Big ten instead of the SEC and play in Minnesota.
                I blame Richard Pitino and shoe money.
                Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
                Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
                  Never heard of this Fleck guy. He must have something going for him if he can convince a kid to go the Big ten instead of the SEC and play in Minnesota.
                  Former coach of Western Michigan. Led them to an undefeated season last year.

                  Young guy, lots of energy, knows how to work the social media channels; played WR, was on the Niners' roster for a minute or two.

                  Dude's a stud. He'll be one of the big names within the next five years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KYCATS01 View Post
                    Hope this does not open door to other de-commitments, these announcements tend to occur in succession, still nervous regarding Williams after hearing Alabama visit was very good.
                    I was there, too, and Bryant-Denny was rocking, hard. It was a great crowd, great atmosphere, and Alabama played some incredible football for every bit of four quarters. Anyone there would've been very, very impressed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KYCATS01 View Post
                      Hope this does not open door to other de-commitments, these announcements tend to occur in succession, still nervous regarding Williams after hearing Alabama visit was very good.
                      Freddie Maggard basically said that he was offered to get his buddy the TE and when that fell through, "both parties backed away from each other". His perspective seemed to be a mutual parting of the ways and no big loss of UK.
                      Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
                      Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

                        Freddie Maggard basically said that he was offered to get his buddy the TE and when that fell through, "both parties backed away from each other". His perspective seemed to be a mutual parting of the ways and no big loss of UK.
                        As much trouble as we have getting quality def. linemen, I don't see how Freddie can say losing a four star DE is no big loss.
                        The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Meh...

                          Freddie can say that easily because it's true in this case.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

                            As much trouble as we have getting quality def. linemen, I don't see how Freddie can say losing a four star DE is no big loss.
                            Oct .14, I saw Alex Reiglelsperger play last night. He and Blue Smith are two of Wayne High School's 4 co-captains. I wrote about Blue Smith in another post. I watched Alex closely for most of the game. I thought he was a defensive end but last night the played mostly @ nose guard. He doesn't seem to have the size for that position yet Fairmont ran away from him all night. He certainly held his own in the middle but it didn't take advantage of his speed.

                            All said, I was less-impressed with Alex than I was with Blue. This IS NOT to say he is overrated. I don't have the football knowledge to evaluate any player. The most impressive play I saw was on a long break-away run that went about 60 yards against Wayne. The player who caught the runner at the goal line was Alex Reigelsperger. I didn't have a roster but Alex seemed tall. He just has a lot of room to add weight as he goes forward.


                            Comment

                            Alex Reigelsperger decommits from UK

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X