In state recruiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In state recruiting

Just gonna point this out. We often talk about instate kids...on rivals today they have some of the top kids from each state...
    Georgia has a top 100
    Florida a top 70
    Ohio a top 35
    Kentucky has a top 10.....and two have verballed out of state....one to Notre Dame, one to Michigan.
    Just not as many kids.
    And noticing Purdue took half the crop this year after a full year of UK and Louisville questioning the abilities of their coaching staffs, and playing Brohm up as the next real deal, I wonder if the chatter on message boards and social media has more of an effect than I imagined.

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
    Just gonna point this out. We often talk about instate kids...on rivals today they have some of the top kids from each state...
    Georgia has a top 100
    Florida a top 70
    Ohio a top 35
    Kentucky has a top 10.....and two have verballed out of state....one to Notre Dame, one to Michigan.
    Just not as many kids.
    And noticing Purdue took half the crop this year after a full year of UK and Louisville questioning the abilities of their coaching staffs, and playing Brohm up as the next real deal, I wonder if the chatter on message boards and social media has more of an effect than I imagined.
    I think kids that grow up here are more aware of the corrosive cynical attitude that sometimes pervades the fan base. I’m sure they grow up hearing the self deprecating jokes like, “That’s so KY football”.

I also think Brohm has a lot of credibility with ky high school coaches given his time and success in the state.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal, Oklahoma and others regularly lose good high school talent to schools like Kentucky...in basketball, for the same reasons that a lot of the best in-state Kentucky high school football players have an interest in those same schools.

Comment

In state recruiting

Collapse
      Working...
      X