Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Closing Out the Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing Out the Class

So, who are we still hoping to get in this year’s class. I know there is the WR out of Louisiana and the DB out of Georgia (?). How many slots do we still have open? Anybody hearing any names?

Per Rivals we currently have 21 LOIs and two verbals. The verbals are from the two JCs. Assuming we hold scholarships for them, that 23. The vast majority of posters feel the 25 LOI limit is a hard limit, at least for SEC schools. So we are down to two available.
    Now I'm one of the minority who is not convinced that the 25 is a hard limit. Several SEC schools show over classes of over 25 in recent years. Ga last year for example. This again per Rivals.

Comment

Well, if we have only 2 spots open and IF we could get the WR — Lee — and the DB I alluded to above, I would be very happy. Both are 4-stars at positions of great and immediate need. And from what I have read, we have at least a chance with both.

Comment

I'm not sure the two JC verbal commits are going to make it ... academically. The last few positions seem more than a little fluid from everything I have been able to read. But then I admit I don't have any "insider" knowledge. I'm just going on the "definite maybe's" that I've read.

Comment

Is there any buzz regarding an under the radar recruit should one/both Juco's don't work out? I have to think our Bowl win against a national known team Penn State should provide UK with some credibility and possibly spur a commitment we may not have seen coming?? Or does forum feel the Penn State win will have more impact on recruiting next Fall being current class is almost full?

Comment

Originally posted by KYCATS01 View Post
            Is there any buzz regarding an under the radar recruit should one/both Juco's don't work out? I have to think our Bowl win against a national known team Penn State should provide UK with some credibility and possibly spur a commitment we may not have seen coming?? Or does forum feel the Penn State win will have more impact on recruiting next Fall being current class is almost full?
            I haven't heard anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The bowl win will probably impact this coming fall's recruiting more.
            Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

This should answer some, or all, of your questions.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ts/2643570002/
              Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

darn. blocked out.
                doesnt sound like the two JCs will clear at this time.
                going after DBs and WRs. Could be a big ugly in there.

Comment

NEXT year’s class will need a whole bunch of “big uglies.”

Comment

I saw it reported that Lee is taking a surprise unofficial visit but I'm not sure when. This kid is talented and he would see the field from day one, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                      This should answer some, or all, of your questions.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ts/2643570002/
                      Thanks Matt, appreciate the read.

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
                        I saw it reported that Lee is taking a surprise unofficial visit but I'm not sure when. This kid is talented and he would see the field from day one, IMO.
                        This weekend

Comment

The latest I have found today is that Devonte Lee, Jay Ward, and MJ Devonshire are among those visiting this weekend. Hope we might land all 3 of these 4 star talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Brasslock View Post
                            The latest I have found today is that Devonte Lee, Jay Ward, and MJ Devonshire are among those visiting this weekend. Hope we might land all 3 of these 4 star talents.
                            The OL Allen in Ohio is also looming on the horizon.

Comment

Well, as of right now Richardson is listed as a decommit as well as his team mate. Likely not a surprise to the coaching staff. Lee would certainly be super, but after not making a trip to UK or aTm I'm thinking LSU gets him

Just see if we get some surprises next week

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Closing Out the Class

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X