Justin Rogers (#1 OG) Oak Park, MI, To Announce Monday Afternoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Rogers (#1 OG) Oak Park, MI, To Announce Monday Afternoon

Yatzeee!!!! Justin Rogers, Oak Park, MI 5-STAR OG Picks Cats over UM, MSU, OSU, TN, GA.......... This is a VERY BIG GET!!!!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/h...am/3726861002/
    Last edited by SCBlu; 05-20-2019, 04:18 PM.

Now let's hope we can get that ink dried in December.
    Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I feel I am either hallucinating, in the twilight zone or waiting for Lucy to pull the football away.
      until those happen to be true, this is fantastic news.

Comment

Even if we lose him, the press form today is a win for the cats.
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

I could be wrong, of course, but it seems to me that when recruits go through such an elaborate announcement process, they are more likely to stick with their commitment.

Comment

He will more than likely be a DT in college.
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              He will more than likely be a DT in college.
              I read that is one of the reasons he chose UK. The coaches promised him a shot a playing def.
              Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                Now let's hope we can get that ink dried in December.
                His mom was most impressed with Georgia. It's clear from below article that Michigan and Georgia will turn up the heat to get the young man.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...an/3749957002/

Comment

Way to rain on our parade, SCBlu. That article is disturbing.

(Or maybe we are just pre-disposed to being disturbed.)

Comment

Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                    Way to rain on our parade, SCBlu. That article is disturbing.

(Or maybe we are just pre-disposed to being disturbed.)
                    The fact that we were even in the discussion of getting this top athlete over U of M, MSU, OSU, Tenn and GA speaks volumes to how far we've come in attracting great athletes. Now, we gotta get Mom on our side and close the deal!

Comment

You never know with any recruit even after they sign their letter of intent. This young man is articulate and I think he's a "fit" here. I don't think he'll flip. We're looking at a small (numbers wise) group, but exceptionally talented. As we move up in talent and performance we'll have to adjust to a new reality - seeing our players leave to play on Sundays after 3 years. These are exciting times for this old Kentucky football fan.

Comment

I don't think he'll flip, but I've been wrong before. I read an article (Vaught's Views) where Rogers stated he and UK player Marjuan McCall are like family and that was part of the reason he committed to UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                          I don't think he'll flip, but I've been wrong before. I read an article (Vaught's Views) where Rogers stated he and UK player Marjuan McCall are like family and that was part of the reason he committed to UK.
                          Here's another Detroit newspaper noting that the Cats are making inroads in Detroit area. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/h...rk/3741483002/

Comment

Rogers’ recruitment will likely continue up until NSD. Hopefully he will emphatically put his recruitment into shutdown mode like John Young. Unless the wheels fall off on the UK program later this year, I think Rogers commitment will stick.

Comment

I just saw, on Twitter, that Rogers is taking another official visit. Coach Marrow tweeted that it's a shame that schools that are traditional fb powers have to stoop to using negative recruiting against us.

Comment

Justin Rogers (#1 OG) Oak Park, MI, To Announce Monday Afternoon

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X