Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recruiting question (and a little frustration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recruiting question (and a little frustration)

Goodwin announced for Kentucky. Monstrous win on the committment end.

Question is:
    How can a kid be considered possibly the top tackle (which everyone drools over), best in the state, no miss NFL future prospect, and top fifty in the nation.....

and be rated 4 star?

What in heaven's sake does it take these guys to slap that fifth star on someone like this?

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
    Goodwin announced for Kentucky. Monstrous win on the committment end.

Question is:
    How can a kid be considered possibly the top tackle (which everyone drools over), best in the state, no miss NFL future prospect, and top fifty in the nation.....

and be rated 4 star?

What in heaven's sake does it take these guys to slap that fifth star on someone like this?
    The star rating is really bogus... don’t worry about it. It is partially influenced on who offers the kid. If Clemson or Bama want a kid... 5 star.
    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

I read somewhere, I can't remember where, when or who said it that, for whatever reason, very few linemen are rated as five star recruits.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I did a little research on the subject. There are only 25-30 players that are rated five-star each year. I guess those are normally reserved for the glamour positions (QB, RB, WR etc.).
        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Bingo Matt. Only Bama and the bucknuts gets 5* OL

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

recruiting question (and a little frustration)

Collapse
          Working...
          X