5-star WR Barion Brown commits to Kentucky: Highlights and breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-star WR Barion Brown commits to Kentucky: Highlights and breakdown

Mark Stoops and his staff have done a fantastic job building the football program to the level that it is at today.

However, one thing that has been a more inconsistent part of his tenure has been the wide receiver room.

Now, they are taking a big leap in the right direction as 5-star wide receiver Barion Brown has committed to the Kentucky Wildcats.

On3 currently has brown ranked as the No. 14 overall player in the country and has him as the No. 2 overall wide receiver in the 2022 class. He comes the highest-ranked wideout to ever commit to Kentucky.

Brown picked the Cats over Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Tennessee. He also held offers from Georgia, Penn State, Texas A&M, LSU, Florida State and Michigan among others.

Barion Brown to Kentucky Wildcats Football: Highlights and Scouting Report - A Sea Of Blue
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Fantastic and much needed!

Comment

First of all, this is fantastic news. By all accounts, this guy is a tremendous talent that will only get better.

Secondly, this entire class is just beyond awesome. Currently listed as #14 in the country with at least 10 guys rated 4-star or higher. Six guys are top 300. And, I do not think that includes the Syracuse transfer or anyone else we may pick up from the transfer portal.

Now then, a minor concern. The WR room is going to be VERY crowded. It will be DEEP and talented, but crowded. I cannot imagine we will be able to hang on to the whole group. It will take some serious skill to manage that situation.

And finally, MY biggest worry. This could all go ** POOF ** if a heartbeat if Stoops and/or Coen leave. CMS has kind of indicated that he is happy and cannot control all of the rumors, but I wish he would just flat come out and say unequivocally that he is not going anyplace. Same with Coen. They have advanced this program tremendously, but the bests is yet to come … IF they stick around.

Comment

They got Robinson and now this very talented Young man. With the other red shirts we should have an outstanding passing game. Now Mitch, make sure no coaches leave.
        John 3:3

Comment

My only worry about Barion is that his film doesn’t include a lot of route running and pass catching.

LOTS of pitches out of the backfield. I hope his hands are as good as his legs.
          Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
          He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
          Originally posted by Charlie Munger
          I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

5-star WR Barion Brown commits to Kentucky: Highlights and breakdown

Collapse
          Working...
          X