Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bam is Such A Good Shooter, Why Didn't We See it at Kentucky?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bam is Such A Good Shooter, Why Didn't We See it at Kentucky?

Far be it for me to question Cal, but why not showcase Bam's ability to shoot if, in fact, the ability was there?
    Photo credit: Charlotte Observer Once considered a fringe first-rounder, Bam Adebayo is looking as a likely lottery selection in Thursday's NBA

Time to Faaaarrrrrr Cal. He clearly held him back.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

On a related note - Humphries has apparently been "insanely impressive" in NBA workouts. If true, why did we never see anything close to "insanely impressive" out of him while at UK?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
        Time to Faaaarrrrrr Cal. He clearly held him back.
        HA. I'm not trying to get anything like that going. It is curious, though, that by most current accounts Bam has tools that we never saw (except at the FT line). I find it hard to believe that his outside game has developed that much since the end of the season, so why wasn't he shooting while he was here?

Comment

Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post
          On a related note - Humphries has apparently been "insanely impressive" in NBA workouts. If true, why did we never see anything close to "insanely impressive" out of him while at UK?
          I'm skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

HA. I'm not trying to get anything like that going. It is curious, though, that by most current accounts Bam has tools that we never saw (except at the FT line). I find it hard to believe that his outside game has developed that much since the end of the season, so why wasn't he shooting while he was here?
            I wonder who is pushing this for both? Their agents? Also these are individual workouts not team workouts. Cal has to go with what will help a team win the most. Playing Bam inside helped the "team" the most.
            Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

I wonder who is pushing this for both? Their agents? Also these are individual workouts not team workouts. Cal has to go with what will help a team win the most. Playing Bam inside helped the "team" the most.
              That's what I don't get. I fail to see how the team wouldn't have benefitted from an extra dimension to Bam's game.

Comment

That's what I don't get. I fail to see how the team wouldn't have benefitted from an extra dimension to Bam's game.
                UK had enough outside scoring last season. Without Bam inside they would have had zilch down low. But still it would have been nice to have seen him step out some if he could have converted enough.
                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

For one, Bam was playing out of position as a true center, so he didn't get to spot up at all.

Secondly, these kids are only eighteen, and a lot of times the things they develop in practice during their year at Kentucky start to pay off in NBA workouts. We just don't get to see it.

Comment

UK had enough outside scoring last season. Without Bam inside they would have had zilch down low. But still it would have been nice to have seen him step out some if he could have converted enough.
                    I'm not saying he should've done his primary work away from the basket - just that the occasional step-out for a jumper could've been helpful. If Bam's doing that on a regular basis, then his defender follows him and opens up the paint for Bam to feed a driving guard or forward.

Comment

Far be it for me to question Cal, but why not showcase Bam's ability to shoot if, in fact, the ability was there?
                      Towns and Cousins agree with you.

Comment

^^^^^^

What he said....
                        I post in peace!!!

Comment

Ask Skal the same question? I think pressure at Kentucky is worse than the Nba...
                          I post in peace!!!

Comment

Could be hes one of these mythical practice superstars who dropped jaws in practice but could never translate it to games. In fact Id almost guarantee it, because Id go nuts whenever Cal put him in over SKJ last year. Cal obviously saw stuff from him in practice that we didnt that warranted him getting as much PT as he did.

Comment

You must play these kids and allow them to play through mistakes and get comfortable but Cal wont do it unless he absolutely had to or its a top 5 recruit. Harrelson, Liggins,Willis, and the list goes on and on...
                              I post in peace!!!

Comment

If Bam is Such A Good Shooter, Why Didn't We See it at Kentucky?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X