In Wildcat Nba news....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Wildcat Nba news....

Rajon Rondo agrees to become a Pelican with Davis, Cousins, Darius Miller, and James Young. I like what the Pelicans are doing and this was a great move, allows them to move Holiday at the 2 if needed with Rajon in the lineup.

Jodie Meeks joined John Wall in Washington

Patrick Patterson joined Russell Westbrook and PG 13 in OKC.

For the most part, here many don't follow the Cats after they leave Kentucky but our NBA standing tall helps Cal build his brand even more with getting recruits to play for Kentucky.
    I post in peace!!!

I'd love to see the them make the playoffs with all those Cats. And the way Rondo was playing this spring before injury I'd say play him more at point than Holiday. Could be a good combo with all those scorers around him where he can just run the show without needing to score a ton. Kinda like when he 1st got to Boston.

Comment

the heck with Pelicans.....that is the New Orleans CATS

Comment

I can't see Boogie and Rondo getting along...
        Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
        Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
          I can't see Boogie and Rondo getting along...
          Rondo and Cousins actually fought and had to be untagles a few years ago early in Cousins career. Since then they ended up on the Kings together and got along fine, no problems...
          I post in peace!!!

Comment

I forgot about the Kings experament.
            Originally posted by Eli "Montgomery Burns" Capilouto
            Welcome to the University of Kroger! Can I have a dollar?

Comment

Here's the most interesting take about ex UK players forming a UK superteam in the NBA. John Wall has a huge extension waiting for him to sign with Washington and he won't sign it at this point meaning he could be a free agent the same as D. Cousins. I would not be surprised if Wall and Cousins both decide to committ to the Pelicans with A. Davis, Davis has talked about a Uk super team more than once. Also, if the financial cap would not work, Pelicans could easily deal Jru Holiday in a sign and trade with Washington for Wall to make the numbers work. Holiday just got a big deal and Washington would get someting in return instead of letting Wall walk away for nothing.....

I post in peace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
                Here's the most interesting take about ex UK players forming a UK superteam in the NBA. John Wall has a huge extension waiting for him to sign with Washington and he won't sign it at this point meaning he could be a free agent the same as D. Cousins. I would not be surprised if Wall and Cousins both decide to committ to the Pelicans with A. Davis, Davis has talked about a Uk super team more than once. Also, if the financial cap would not work, Pelicans could easily deal Jru Holiday in a sign and trade with Washington for Wall to make the numbers work. Holiday just got a big deal and Washington would get someting in return instead of letting Wall walk away for nothing.....
                That would be a ridiculous team. Would be super fun to watch!

Comment

Sounds cool. But I bet I know who would coach them if that came to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                    Sounds cool. But I bet I know who would coach them if that came to be.
                    Of course, Cal will never go to the NBA to rebuild at this time of his life and his age, it would be to win now. I also believe that his former players love him so much he would want to coach his greats such as Davis, Cousins, Wall, and a few others.

It just irks me that the Celtics was not able to grab one of Kentucky's great players like Cousins, Wall, Davis, and a few others over the years. Celtics was not Championship good but was a middle of the road team who's always drafted middle rounds until the Brooklyn trade that got them in top 5. With that being said, there is a great chance Boston will have 2 top 5 picks next year from again Brooklyn and the Lakers. To land Bagley, Porter Jr. and/or D. Ayton would set up the Celtics as the next super team of the NBA....
                    I post in peace!!!

Comment

On another note, i know we have some C. Swaningan here, he's only the 4 th player ever to average a double double in the NBA summer league joining Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and M. Speights.....
                      I post in peace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
                        I forgot about the Kings experament.
                        I pulled up a article explaining the relationship between the 2....

Cousins was a rookie known more for being a hothead than a hot talent. Rondo was an All-Star but also known for being a hothead.

So when Rondo’s Boston teammate Kevin Garnett tumbled and landed next to the Kings’ bench and Cousins stood over him, Rondo did what came naturally.

He shoved Cousins.

“That just was just him taking up for K.G.,” Cousins recalled recently. “I respect him for that.”

That respect has grown as the two became teammates this season.

For years, Kings management tried to find players who could mentor Cousins in the ways of being an NBA superstar. The Kings may have struck gold with Rondo, the first former All-Star added to the mix. He’s the first player who can relate to the pressure and perceptions Cousins deals with.
                        I post in peace!!!

Comment

Apparently it was Cousins who brought up Rondo to the Pelicans front office.

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
                            Apparently it was Cousins who brought up Rondo to the Pelicans front office.
                            The are going to move thte 6'4 Holiday to off guard and have Rondo run the offense. Pelicans could be dangerous this year with Cousins and Davis. Only thing could hurt them is bench depth and the inability to shoot the 3 as a whole. Still, dangerous team in my opinion. From a matchup point of view, i don't think my Celtics can matchup with them 5 on 5..
                            I post in peace!!!

Comment

I am hopeful someday Louisville will get another NBA team, i want the opportunity to go and watch the best players in the world play....
                              I post in peace!!!

Comment

In Wildcat Nba news....

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X