Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official UofL Thread (UPDATE: Pitino, Jurich Reportedly Out)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Louisville absolutely deserves the death penalty.

    Also, it's no coincidence that the Courier-Journal is coming out with these stories now, while Tommy is on administrative leave. Who knows how many more damaging stories will be released. They just better pray he doesn't get reinstated, or else they're getting canned.

    What a cesspool. Every time I think they can't go lower, they get their shovels.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
      What do you all think happens to Pitino and Jurich? Any charges?
      I think as far as Pitino goes, it depends on whether he's coach # 2. If they have him on tape asking for money to be paid to a recruit, charges may apply. Jurich, I have no idea.
      John 3:3

      Comment


      • Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        What do you all think happens to Pitino and Jurich? Any charges?
        Wouldn't it be ironic for Pitino.....after all didn't Karen Sypher go to jail for fraud and bribery

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

            Wouldn't it be ironic for Pitino.....after all didn't Karen Sypher go to jail for fraud and bribery
            Extortion.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

              Extortion.
              OH...OK ....Thanks

              Comment


              • Let the cards fall where they may and we receive the benefit!

                Comment


                • UL fired one of the assistants they had suspended. There is more to this than is being made public.
                  John 3:3

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                    UL fired one of the assistants they had suspended. There is more to this than is being made public.
                    That's coach 1 mentioned in the FBI transcripts. How is it more than being made public? The suspensions are evidently part of the process of the individual coaches' contracts. The only thing I find interesting about it is he's being fired without cause. Seems there's plenty of cause to fire him and void the terms of the contract, which included 30 days severance.

                    Is that what you're referring to with regard to the last sentence in your comment?
                    I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by surveyor View Post

                      That's coach 1 mentioned in the FBI transcripts. How is it more than being made public? The suspensions are evidently part of the process of the individual coaches' contracts. The only thing I find interesting about it is he's being fired without cause. Seems there's plenty of cause to fire him and void the terms of the contract, which included 30 days severance.

                      Is that what you're referring to with regard to the last sentence in your comment?
                      Not necessarily, I think the UL acting President knows more than he's making public, which is why he fired Pitino and will probably follow with Jurich.

                      John 3:3

                      Comment


                      • What's been made public is more than enough to fire both of them.

                        There's still pretty substantial public support for Jurich. Even after the CJ articles last week you've seen people at UofL pushing for the university to keep him.

                        It seems crazy to me but a good portion of that fanbase is adamant in their belief that Jurich is kind of an untouchable genius.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          What's been made public is more than enough to fire both of them.

                          There's still pretty substantial public support for Jurich. Even after the CJ articles last week you've seen people at UofL pushing for the university to keep him.

                          It seems crazy to me but a good portion of that fanbase is adamant in their belief that Jurich is kind of an untouchable genius.
                          Even the governor was expressing support for him.

                          It's unbelievable to me.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                            What's been made public is more than enough to fire both of them.
                            Exactly. I can't imagine there's anything else being hidden that's worse than what's been publicly available.

                            The UofL fans clinging to the hope that Jurich keeps his job ignores that fact that he and Postel are at odds on key issues and have essentially accused each other of lying, or at least misrepresenting/misunderstanding some facts.

                            That's a caustic relationship and a battle that a university president will (or should) win every time.
                            I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

                            Comment


                            • Jurich's attorneys sent a 42-page letter to UofL today outlining all the reasons he shouldn't be fired.

                              Also refuted many of the allegations made in that now-infamous Courier-Journal piece.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                The Official UofL Thread (UPDATE: Pitino, Jurich Reportedly Out)

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X