Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell, Wenyen?

Comment

Hideous second half. 3rd game this year they have been outscored in the second half. Probably want to learn how to extend leads.

Comment

At this rate, we're going to be the first team in history to fall out of the Top 25 after a win streak.

Comment

Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post
          Hideous second half. 3rd game this year they have been outscored in the second half. Probably want to learn how to extend leads.
          Ah, crazzed. I've been waiting for this.

Comment

First 30 minutes I thought we were maybe as good as I've seen this year.

Last 10 minutes some of the worst of the Cal era. Archie Goodwin "swallow they feet" bad.

Comment

Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post
              3rd game this year they have been outscored in the second half.
              Second half score tracking is crazzed's "Jon Hood."

Comment

This is a pretty bad team. No personality. Terrible passing, no PG, 1 shooter, bad FT shooting. 15-20 turnovers per game.

Washington and Diallo are just momentum killers with terrible defense. Archie Goodwin thinks Diallo is out of control.

Easily Cal's worse team right now.

The good news is that there is a ton of room for improvement and it' early.

Going to be a struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Dismiss it as no big deal. Doesn’t bother me. It’s a problem though and will cost them a game (or more) at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

You sure don't have to wait long to find out how bad we are.
                    John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post

Dismiss it as no big deal. Doesn’t bother me. It’s a problem though and will cost them a game (or more) at some point.
                      And that's probably right, but at this time of every year we play this way at some point. Then it all starts to make sense to them and the improvement is great.
                      John 3:3

Comment

• I'm going to disagree with no point guard.

Our point guards give us some decent things. They don't do it consistently necessarily, but I like Green's shooting. I love SGA's defense.

If you could somehow fuse them into one player...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

And that's probably right, but at this time of every year we play this way at some point. Then it all starts to make sense to them and the improvement is great.
                          Well, I'm not sure about that.

I'm not going to go full-on Bob at this point, but this is definitely a lower starting point than any team I've seen except maybe 2013.

But: we've got a key player in street clothes. I want to see what it looks like with Vanderbilt. I don't think he's a savior or anything that can make this team Final Four ready, but I do think he'll make a huge difference.

Comment

• This team is selfish......just all around ugly basketball......We out rebounded them 52-29 and they shot 36 %.....
                            Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 11-20-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Not a high basketball IQ and physically weak. Not a good combo. They will get better as most of Cal's team do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                                I'm going to disagree with no point guard.

Our point guards give us some decent things. They don't do it consistently necessarily, but I like Green's shooting. I love SGA's defense.

If you could somehow fuse them into one player...
                                Good point. I don't think Green plays enough because he is our shooter. I actually like Alexander at the 2 much more than Diallo. But that's probably a minority opinion.

I think Vanderbilt could be a big help but he's not going to be a miracle worker.

I would press with this long team and press a lot. Try to get more possessions. We're throwing it away nearly 17 times per game and most are in that half court set. But I think will slow it down before he ever speeds it up,

Comment

Troy Game Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X