No announcement yet.

Troy Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cals tendency to to let the air out of the ball in the second half with a comfortable lead WILL NOT WORK with this club. Why does he do that, would have at least 2 titles to his credit if he could avoid the impulse. THIS team lacks the savvy or skills to even think about it. Needs to leave Green at the point, Alexander is a diasaster trying to run the offense right now. If you want his defense move him to the 2, Diallo had his worst game as a cat, was the BAD Rod Rhodes tonight. Cals sub patterns baffle me, the kid from New Zealand, battles for too tough rebounds missing the put back and disappears for rest of game, Jones makes a rebound and hits a shot and gets pulled for rest of half, not real confidence builders there That promising zone we saw several games ago, not even attempted. Don’t really get the method to Cals madness this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      The sideline reporter is actually named Stormy Buanontony.
      Rumor has it that she once starred in some pictures for Vivid Entertainment. Just a rumor though.

Looks like we have next great white hope in Wynard. Followed closely by Brad Calipari. Maybe both will start someday and then this team will actually lose a game.

I was wondering when the half wins would start. Just can't lost a half after being up by 16 at the half. Those half wins cost you at NCAA seeding time you know.

I watched 3/4 of the game before I had to go to bed. First half was about as good as they have looked all season. Really attacked the boards and played decent defense. Sounds like they let down the last ten minutes which is typical of very young teams. Too many turnovers still. Troy only had six which shows the defense still isn't close to where you want it to be. But I think this team is making strides. They will get there. This isn't nearly as bad as the 2013 team and I think they will come around similar to what the 2011 and 2014 teams did. There will just be some losses along the way.

Ft. Wayne and the 50,000 watt powerhouse station called WOWO will be in town next. 8 PM Wednesday night. For Rupp Arena there could be a pretty light crowd for this one.
      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jload View Post
        Cals tendency to to let the air out of the ball in the second half with a comfortable lead WILL NOT WORK with this club. Why does he do that, would have at least 2 titles to his credit if he could avoid the impulse. THIS team lacks the savvy or skills to even think about it. Needs to leave Green at the point, Alexander is a diasaster trying to run the offense right now. If you want his defense move him to the 2, Diallo had his worst game as a cat, was the BAD Rod Rhodes tonight. Cals sub patterns baffle me, the kid from New Zealand, battles for too tough rebounds missing the put back and disappears for rest of game, Jones makes a rebound and hits a shot and gets pulled for rest of half, not real confidence builders there That promising zone we saw several games ago, not even attempted. Don’t really get the method to Cals madness this season.
        I agree with pretty much all of this.

Cal is one of the worst I've ever seen with trying to orchestrate from the sideline. Kills me.

Regarding his sub patterns, I don't think he knows what this team is yet or what each individual can give him. He clearly wants Richards to get some time, and who can blame him for that? The guy is huge and needs minutes, badly. Otherwise he's trying to get a feel for players. I understand that but it can look a little rough and haphazard.

Comment

Troy Game Thread

Collapse
        Working...
        X