The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Troy Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I think he's a little more than just a decent defender. They don't put deflections on box scores, but I can be safe in saying that through four games Shai might be at the top of the list of freshmen in the Cal era in that stat. Guy bothers everything.

One of the main reasons I like Shai is what we're talking about on the other thread: Kentucky has had trouble, as we all know, getting players who are going to stay three or four years. Here is a guy who should. You can't look at him now and make any sweeping comments about him; but if you think about him as a 21-year-old junior...he's exactly the sort of player you run into on other teams in the SEC who just control the game, but who Kentucky hasn't had a whole lot of with Cal.
    I know not having a team full of sure fire one and done superstars isn't appealing to some but I love it. We needed a year like this. We have, as of right now, Green, Shai, Jemarl, Wenyen, Tai, and probably SKJ coming back next year. You give us a few junior starters, guards with tournament experience, mature big men, and sprinkle in one or two stars like Zion and look out. I am thinking of a team in a few years that could consist of seniors Gabriel/SKJ/Tai, juniors in Shai, Barker, and Green, sophomore Herro, and the typical top three class. We have all wanted a few guys that would stick around and that seems to be what we have. The next two years could be ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post

I know not having a team full of sure fire one and done superstars isn't appealing to some but I love it. We needed a year like this. We have, as of right now, Green, Shai, Jemarl, Wenyen, Tai, and probably SKJ coming back next year. You give us a few junior starters, guards with tournament experience, mature big men, and sprinkle in one or two stars like Zion and look out. I am thinking of a team in a few years that could consist of seniors Gabriel/SKJ/Tai, juniors in Shai, Barker, and Green, sophomore Herro, and the typical top three class. We have all wanted a few guys that would stick around and that seems to be what we have. The next two years could be ridiculous.
      While I agree with this I am not in any way giving up on this year yet. I think the potential of this current team is high. There is plenty of talent. When it clicks, and I think it will this will become a very good team. Come tournament time I think there are going to be coaches dreading seeing a matchup with UK.

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post

As long as these guys actually stay I agree.

Kentucky hasn't just had trouble with guys going to the NBA; it's had issues with transfers as well. And (Humphries, Briscoe, etc.) players who have no business leaving to play professionally leaving to play professionally.

It isn't just a one-and-done thing. We need to find a way to keep players who just want to leave for whatever reason.

Comment

^ Look at Charles Matthews right now. Who wouldn’t like to have that guy on this team?

Comment

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Troy Edition

Collapse
          Working...
          X