Vanderbilt practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanderbilt practices

Cal confirms Vanderbilt joined the team for his first full practice. Says he looked, "very good."

I was in the camp saying he would never play at UK. This would be a HUGE addition for UK if he plays and is the player most think he is.

He’s seriously going to suit up?

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
      Cal said he "changed the practice" so it seems like it. I doubt he gets any time tomorrow, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
        He might be running out of street clothes to wear sitting on the bench lol

Comment

Looking forward to watching this young man play. Hope he's got game.
          John 3:3

Comment

Cal said they look forward to getting him on the court. Sure seems like he is going to play.

Comment

Glad to be wrong.

Comment

Great news. Fascinated to see the way thid alters the teams makeup.

Comment

He sure can't hurt things. The chemistry isn't all that great now that he would disrupt things.

This could be great news.

Comment

This could make Knox buckle down and play harder, or his minutes could dwindle.
                    John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                      With the way reports have been the last few years about the kid he could take minutes from Diallo at 2, Knox at 3, or Richards and play 4 moving PJ to 5 when we go small. I am excited to see what he can do in the middle of the floor when we are facing a zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                        Maybe...but UK needs shot-makers. Obviously if Knox keeps throwing up bricks he really doesn't help the team, but the Knox we saw early on is essential with as few perimeter scorers as we have.

Vanderbilt can't shoot. He can do a lot of things and if he's healthy he will help this team, but a shooter he isn't.

I would imagine what will happen if he's 100% is he'll start playing the 4 and Kentucky will go small with Washington at the 5. Knox stays at the 3 with Wenyen rotating in.

Definitely gives you more bodies and length, and that's always a good thing. But Vanderbilt's action is all going to happen from about 15 feet in.

Comment

I guarantee you JV shoots better than Diallo.

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
                            I guarantee you JV shoots better than Diallo.
                            I wouldn't count on that. If I recall Vanderbilt shoots in the 30% range on free throws. I can remember seeing a few air balls.

Diallo with better shot selection wouldn't be too bad. He makes 37% of his 3 point attempts. Too many silly, circus shots drags his percentage down

Comment

Originally posted by catfaninin View Post
                              If I recall Vanderbilt shoots in the 30% range on free throws. I can remember seeing a few air balls.
                              Gross.

But where'd you see that? What evidence do we have?

Comment

Vanderbilt practices

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X