No announcement yet.

Seth Greenberg Blasts Kentucky's Freshmen and the One-and-Done Era

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will is right. There simply isn't great talent on the team. Now, with a season of work, and some commitment in the weight room, a lot of ground can be gained, for certain.

But, as of today, in the middle if January, meaning March is six weeks away, this is not an elite team, and is only a couple of described losses from being a bubble team.

I said it then, and I've said it now. This team doesn't do ANYTHING well. The don't shoot well, defend well, rebound well, Box out wel, shoot from range well, transition, etc.

they just don't...yet

We've seen teams learn, and they might, but, they might not, also.

This team plays bad basketball, and has played bad basketball, even during some of it's wins. It just is what it is.

I'm not "giving up," or making final judgements, but am just stating the obvious. So spare me any "bad fan" garbage.

There is a lot of time left, and if Vanderbilt can eat some of Hamidon't playballo's minutes, I think the team has room for real gains. There's a sleeper in there, and it's not the team that played at South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Katmendo View Post
      Will is right. There simply isn't great talent on the team. Now, with a season of work, and some commitment in the weight room, a lot of ground can be gained, for certain.

But, as of today, in the middle if January, meaning March is six weeks away, this is not an elite team, and is only a couple of described losses from being a bubble team.

I said it then, and I've said it now. This team doesn't do ANYTHING well. The don't shoot well, defend well, rebound well, Box out wel, shoot from range well, transition, etc.

they just don't...yet

We've seen teams learn, and they might, but, they might not, also.

This team plays bad basketball, and has played bad basketball, even during some of it's wins. It just is what it is.

I'm not "giving up," or making final judgements, but am just stating the obvious. So spare me any "bad fan" garbage.

There is a lot of time left, and if Vanderbilt can eat some of Hamidon't playballo's minutes, I think the team has room for real gains. There's a sleeper in there, and it's not the team that played at South Carolina

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The only time I've seen Kentucky truly special was in the Louisville game, the Illinois-Chicago game, and in the first half at Tennessee.

Otherwise it's been a grind.

The team that comes to mind is obviously 2014 with the twins as freshmen. They had lost four games by this point as well and were coming off their fourth loss on this weekend of 2014. They'd probably played their best basketball against Louisville and Providence.

The worst for that team was to come. They really wouldn't hit bottom of the barrel until late February, culminating with the brutal loss at South Carolina.

I think what you see with a lot of Cal's teams is that they do much better in situations where the game is fluid. When teams really uglify the game is when they struggle with these young players. You saw that at South Carolina and Tennessee. Saw it against Georgia. Basically it's the way much of the SEC plays, and this year not only do you have uglyball, you've got a bit better talent. So the road is harder.

The question is: Does this team have the top-level talent that 2014 did? I would probably say yes. No Julius Randle, but some guys who are capable of taking the game over. But it cannot be injured and it cannot have guys putting up goose eggs to win. Just no wiggle room at all or this thing will go off the rails.

Comment

Piss on Greenberg!

Comment

As I kind of thought, Cal said today that Greenberg texted him about the comments before he made them.

I have to think if Cal had a problem he would have shut Greenberg down. IMO Cal is struggling a little bit with the selfishness of the team, Diallo mostly, and he's using the media a little. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Cal didn't plant the script for this one and have Greenberg run it.
            Last edited by Will Lavender; 01-19-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Greenberg didn't say anything more than what many of us have said on this site. I pretty much agreed with everything he said.
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Seth Greenberg Blasts Kentucky's Freshmen and the One-and-Done Era

Collapse
              Working...
              X