Next Season Will Start Even Earlier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season Will Start Even Earlier

The 2018-19 season will start even earlier, November 6. UK will play Duke in the Champions Classic that day. They are starting earlier so the non conference are jammed to tightly with each other. Also they didn't want to start on a Friday night like in the past as not to try to compete with football. I'm not sure I agree with all that but this is what it is now. Also there may three mandatory days off around the Christmas holidays.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...should-provide
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

It's probably a cool idea to have this event kick off the college basketball season.

However, I hate that UK plays Duke in the first game of the year, especially next year's Duke team.

Comment

Next year's Duke team shouldn't be as good as the Duke team we're seeing now. It'll be close depending on whom they return.

On paper the last two Duke teams should have been colossal monstrosities of talent. They've been good, this one better than last, but Duke kind of has Kentucky's syndrome: young players figuring out who they are for a large part of the season.

Teams I would be more fearful of to get early would be teams like Villanova--teams loaded up with vets. Portland St. had this Duke team beat back in December. I think Kentucky will be fine unless we just bottom out with guys leaving--and in that case we have way more problems than worrying about what Duke's doing.

Comment

Bring on the dookies. We're still gonna be a powerhouse next yr.

Comment

Well at least the tripper will be gone

Comment

Next Season Will Start Even Earlier

Collapse
          Working...
          X