No announcement yet.

2018 NBA Draft Entries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw, on Twitter, just now that UNC is "recruiting" SKJ.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

• Duke's Wendell Carter, Jr. declares. That's four Duke freshman (plus the walking turd Grayson Allen) to declare.

Getcha some of that attrition, K.

Comment

• Duke with zero depth and no good big man next year will waste that superstar recruiting year, imo. They will be good but not near as good as this year.

Comment

• So that Duke game on November 6th is going to be an extended high school all star game. Well lets hope our freshmen are better than theirs in the first game of the season.
          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
            So that Duke game on November 6th is going to be an extended high school all star game. Well lets hope our freshmen are better than theirs in the first game of the season.
            It'll still be high level basketball. Lots of good players on the court that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
              So that Duke game on November 6th is going to be an extended high school all star game. Well lets hope our freshmen are better than theirs in the first game of the season.
              Hopefully with the Bahama trip ours will be more veteran then theirs and ahead of the game.
              Eight is great--Time for Nine

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post

Hopefully with the Bahama trip ours will be more veteran then theirs and ahead of the game.
                I didn't know this was a year for the Bahamas trip. They should be grizzled vets then by November 6th.
                Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Depends on how good those freshmen are. If you've got Anthony Davis and Marvin Bagley and those types out there, it's a high-level college game. If the freshmen are really "freshmen," then it could get ugly.

Hopefully Kentucky can get a couple of huge returners back here in the next few weeks. Also just as crucial that UK has a couple of elite freshmen.

Comment

I forgot about us going to the Bahama's...this will be great for the incoming freshmen

Comment

Phyllis and I went the last time UK was in the Bahama's and other than a few extra practices, the competition wasn't all that great. There were several other good college teams there, but UK didn't play them. IIRC, they played teams lesser all-star teams from the Bahamas and other Countries. That UK team had KAT, Booker, Poythress and the twins. WCS and Trey Lyles were hurt and worked out but didn't play. FWIW, it a very expensive trip, but you are up close with the players.
                      John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Phyllis and I went the last time UK was in the Bahama's and other than a few extra practices, the competition wasn't all that great. There were several other good college teams there, but UK didn't play them. IIRC, they played teams lesser all-star teams from the Bahamas and other Countries. That UK team had KAT, Booker, Poythress and the twins. WCS and Trey Lyles were hurt and worked out but didn't play. FWIW, it a very expensive trip, but you are up close with the players.
                        Those other teams didn't play the teams we did. We were getting the best available there. One of those teams beat us.

There was one team that was a dog IIRC, but that was pretty solid competition relative to what most teams get on these foreign trips. That team was just a powerhouse.

Most other UK teams wouldn't have run through that competition like that. A couple of those Bahamas teams would've completely worked this UK team we just saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Those other teams didn't play the teams we did. We were getting the best available there. One of those teams beat us.

There was one team that was a dog IIRC, but that was pretty solid competition relative to what most teams get on these foreign trips. That team was just a powerhouse.

Most other UK teams wouldn't have run through that competition like that. A couple of those Bahamas teams would've completely worked this UK team we just saw.
                          I'm not sure who the other teams played, but they all stayed at the same Hotel Complex. Personally, I didn't think the competition was all that, and the game we lost was our last game and we looked like we really didn't care if we won or not. And then a late shot by a veteran was the deciding basket. I agree that those Bahama teams would have kicked butt against this years team in the beginning, not sure after they figured things out.
                          John 3:3

Comment

• Diallo entering draft. Good luck young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

I'm not sure who the other teams played, but they all stayed at the same Hotel Complex. Personally, I didn't think the competition was all that, and the game we lost was our last game and we looked like we really didn't care if we won or not. And then a late shot by a veteran was the deciding basket. I agree that those Bahama teams would have kicked butt against this years team in the beginning, not sure after they figured things out.
                              IIRC, one of those teams was a professional team from France. I think they were the one that UK lost. UK also beat them earlier in the week. For the most part those teams were better than the average you play in one of these trips.
                              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Villanova's Omari Spellman will test.

Comment

2018 NBA Draft Entries

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X