https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/5/3/...a-jerk-edition

• surveyor
    replied
    None of that made any sense....

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post
    I am certainly not a Duke/Coach K fan but not sure you can take a single incident (with only hearing their side of the story) and start to label him or anyone a bully.
    I agree. It must be a slow time for college bb news.

Leave a comment:

• UK8STL11
    replied
    I am certainly not a Duke/Coach K fan but not sure you can take a single incident (with only hearing their side of the story) and start to label him or anyone a bully.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Heaven
    replied
    Had a friend many years ago that went to see a dUKe game at Cameron. Said he never heard so many F Bombs being dropped by Coach K.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    K can come across so nice in interviews, but I know he's a jerk and a bad potty mouth to the officials working his games.

Leave a comment:

• Catsrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Catatonic View Post
    Coach K has always seemed like a big jerk to me. Seems that questioning playing time is his "bully trigger".

My guess is that most elite coaches have at least a little of that mentality to them.
    As do most industry leaders as well I suspect. As horrible as bullying is with kids in school it seems to be an aspect of what turns into "strong leadership" in industry. Not saying all leaders have to use this style but I imagine it's a common approach.

Leave a comment:

• Catatonic
    replied
    Coach K has always seemed like a big jerk to me. Seems that questioning playing time is his "bully trigger".

My guess is that most elite coaches have at least a little of that mentality to them.

Leave a comment:

• KCKUKFan
    replied
    I always assumed that this was probably close to the truth.

A disciple of Bob Knight who already has an air of invincibility around him... no way that he can't be a bully.

Leave a comment:

Coach K: Bully?

Collapse
Working...
X